Cabo San Lucas, PV and Mazaltan - anything to do near port

pink845

We are on the Ruby Princess January 2019.  First time to these ports.  We are do it yourself people in terms of sightseeing.    Kindly short and sweet, what is near the pier in each of these spots?   As it is our first time, I just want to get my feet wet and get lay of the land.  Not into mega excursions, long bus rides, etc...  Would not mind a beach close to each pier - any suggestions.  I only drink wine and my husband does not drink at all.  From what I am reading, seems one has to buy drinks in order to use lounge chairs at various beaches.  Any suggestions perhaps on hotels where we would be able to get day pass to use their facilities (pool, loungers) etc.   Thanks for any suggestions.  

In Cabo the marina is actually nice to walk around and you can take a water taxi over to Medano Beach. 

In Mazatlan, walking the blue line is a great way to get a feel for the city. when you are done walking just grab an open air cab to the ferry for Stone Island. 

In Puerto Vallarta the Malecon is a great place to shop, there is a free public beach and plenty of entertainment. This does require a cab ride over and back. 

You can always check out resorts for a day to get ideas on what places offer day passes. 

McKurran's advice is short and sweet. 

In Cabo, instead of taking a water taxi to Medano Beach, you can circle to the left and there is a pretty deserted beach in walking distance.  No amenities there, however.

In Mazatlán, I would go to Stone Beach before walking to downtown.  The "ferry" is a short walk from the docks.  You can read all about the self-guided trip to Stone Island lower down on this Forum.  I suggest Stone Island first because you might decide to spend the entire day there, and skip downtown!

We love Stone Island in Mazatlan.  Did it the first time with horseback riding but have since just gone for the day on our own.

PV has a wonderful Malecon to wander and you can hit shops, beachfront restaurants and bars.  Sounds like the latter is less interesting to you but still fun to walk and people watch