REVIEW: Just back from the Edge. OMG is she amazing!

jt1120

8 hours ago, crusingnut said:

Does anybody know if the 3 drinks that are uploaded to your sea pass card to replace the Captain's Club cocktail reception can be used in the Martini Bar.

Yes I am happy to say... at least in December... we were able to get our cocktails at the Martini bar. In fact, we were also able to order a regular martini using classic package at the Martini bar

• Thanks 1

just a quick note.  I notice a lot of upset about the lack of purell dispensers.  Purell does not kill norovirus germs one of the biggest contaminants on cruise ship.  Only soap and water works for that.   It's getting people to use the sinks that is the real problem!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mmp13 said:

just a quick note.  I notice a lot of upset about the lack of purell dispensers.  Purell does not kill norovirus germs one of the biggest contaminants on cruise ship.  Only soap and water works for that.   It's getting people to use the sinks that is the real problem!

I was one of the only people using the sinks in the Ocean view... people just waltz on by ignoring it.

20 minutes ago, hcat said:

Design may have alot to do with that..

Open public trough..splashy!

Look hcat... with the sinks... you don't touch the faucet.... you don't touch the soap dispenser... you only touch your paper towel... there is no doorway to touch... meanwhile people just climbed stairs holding rails... or pushed elevator buttons... I am not worried about splashing... especially if you have soap in your hands

On 1/25/2019 at 2:06 PM, kearney said:

I was one of the only people using the sinks in the Ocean view... people just waltz on by ignoring it.

Don't doubt it.  People don't practice hygiene and then get upset when there is an outbreak...  I work in a country theater and go in and out of the bathroom all the time to check it and people waltz right out of the stalls and past the sinks...you would be surprised - or not.

23 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

Don't doubt it.  People don't practice hygiene and then get upset when there is an outbreak...  I work in a country theater and go in and out of the bathroom all the time to check it and people waltz right out of the stalls and past the sinks...you would be surprised - or not.

I've seen this many times on X cruises as well, very disappointing....  

Maybe X could install some technology so that when you exit the stall, an audio voice plays "Don't forget, washy washy".... If the elevators can talk, can't the washrooms 😉

• Like 1

Excellent detailed review OP! And I wholeheartedly agree. We had a wonderful time on Edge as well and loved how modern everything was. It's funny you mentioned the mattresses because we noticed that too. Slept so well on new and firm beds! Our favorite night of dining was at Le Petit Chef. As you mentioned, it was delightful and entertaining and so much fun. The food was fantastic too. A magical evening aboard a magical ship!

• Thanks 1