Bottled liquor from fun shops

bbtbear

2 minutes ago, jwjax said:

3 months at least!   CCL did not charge us for the order, but all the docs I printed and showed them, said I did order the bottles?   I just didn't think I needed the actual CC statements to prove I ordered!   All I had was CCL Confirmation printout and number!

Just be aware,  check your pre-orders prior to boarding, a CCL confirmation number is useless!  Bring your CC statement, as proof of purchase.!

Wow, that's just crazy!!!

1 hour ago, jwjax said:

Ya think!!:classic_cool:

jwjax- do you know how much more it is to order a bottle from Room Service once on board rather than pre-ordering? When I mentioned this post my son-in-law said he'd think about ordering a bottle, and I was thinking if he's not sure and it's not too expensive, he might be better to wait til he's onboard...

17 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

jwjax- do you know how much more it is to order a bottle from Room Service once on board rather than pre-ordering? When I mentioned this post my son-in-law said he'd think about ordering a bottle, and I was thinking if he's not sure and it's not too expensive, he might be better to wait til he's onboard...

A $20 bottle of Rum will cost about $100, pre-purchased or purchased from Room Service onboard.   It still nets out to a little less than the cost of a drink at the bar, and you don't have to go out to get it.

Just think $8-9 per drink,  and a $100 bottle,  will net at least 14-16 drinks...   A slight savings, but it's more about the convenience for us!  Don't have to go to a bar, wait, order a drink, take it back to your cabin to enjoy a drink on the balcony!

I pre-purchased a bottle through the Fun Shops for my last cruise(last August).  I didn't drink as much of it as I thought I would, so I had quite a bit left over.  I was curious if I could disembark with the bottle and consulted customer service, who said "no".  It was a use it or lose it situation.  I was really puzzled by this, as I had already paid FL taxes for the pre-purchase, so why would I not be allowed to keep it?  Does anybody know the rules on this?  Was I given wrong information?

30 minutes ago, Black Magic said:

I pre-purchased a bottle through the Fun Shops for my last cruise(last August).  I didn't drink as much of it as I thought I would, so I had quite a bit left over.  I was curious if I could disembark with the bottle and consulted customer service, who said "no".  It was a use it or lose it situation.  I was really puzzled by this, as I had already paid FL taxes for the pre-purchase, so why would I not be allowed to keep it?  Does anybody know the rules on this?  Was I given wrong information?

I would just pack the leftovers in your luggage,  debark customs, and inspections....generally don't bother with booze in your checked luggage.   We also pack Rum Runners......easy to put leftover drinks into and carry on and off the ship.

Edited by jwjax

2 hours ago, Black Magic said:

Yes, you were given wrong information, it's none of their business what you do with your liquor. How would they have any idea if you packed it or not? 

2 hours ago, jwjax said:

A $20 bottle of Rum will cost about $100, pre-purchased or purchased from Room Service onboard.   It still nets out to a little less than the cost of a drink at the bar, and you don't have to go out to get it.

Just think $8-9 per drink,  and a $100 bottle,  will net at least 14-16 drinks...   A slight savings, but it's more about the convenience for us!  Don't have to go to a bar, wait, order a drink, take it back to your cabin to enjoy a drink on the balcony!

These bottles are 1 liter which has almost 34 ounces in it. I'm not quite sure how big the standard pour is on Carnival. Nor is every pour the same. Assuming it is 1.5 ounches, which is pretty standard, you will get 22 "drinks" from the bottle. Assuming the bottle is about $110, that is about $5 per drink. Another way to look at it is the cost of cheers for 2 people, for 1 day, is almost the same as a 1 liter bottle. Most couples are not drinking a liter's worth of alcohol per day.

Bottles are my favorite option. 3/4 of my drinks will probably be a rum/whisky and coke. I don't need more "drinks" aka a bunch of sugary fillers and extra cost. I love to be able to control my own pour, and mix it with a can of coke, which is also far tastier in my opinion. Then I'll buy a few beers here and there, an alchemy cocktail here and there. Never at any point am I struggling to find alcohol or worrying about the price. Nor am I sucking down a drink at every meal to feel accomplished. 

2 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

So I'm hearing there's minimal or no difference in the cost of buying the bottle in advance or from room service, once on board, right?

If so I'll suggest my SIL wait til he's onboard to order it... just in case he changes his mind.

In our experiences,  the costs are pretty much the same.  Pre-order or order once onboard!

But, if you want a drink when you open the cabin door for the first time.... pre-order!:classic_smile:   (get ice and glasses first from the Lido Deck...as you won't see a steward until dinner time usually!)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Joebucks said:

These bottles are 1 liter which has almost 34 ounces in it. I'm not quite sure how big the standard pour is on Carnival. Nor is every pour the same. Assuming it is 1.5 ounces, which is pretty standard, you will get 22 "drinks" from the bottle. Assuming the bottle is about $110, that is about $5 per drink. Another way to look at it is the cost of cheers for 2 people, for 1 day, is almost the same as a 1 liter bottle. Most couples are not drinking a liter's worth of alcohol per day.

Yes, 22-23 1.5oz drinks.... But if we are not going out again for a while,  a double here and there...:classic_smile:And don't forget the cost of mixers, unless you are a water or straight shot person! 

I am not positive that CCL pours 1.5 oz drinks, and that their booze is not watered down (just saying)!  

My cabin drinks even with an exact 1.5 oz pour taste better!

Still, buying a bottle of Rum for the cabin is always on our checklist before or just after sail away when room service opens.

3 hours ago, jwjax said:

and that their booze is not watered down (just saying)!  

OH Please, they must have some secret room where they pour out good liquor and fill with water? Carnival has plenty of ways to take your money with stealing from their guests. 

1 hour ago, coevan said:

OH Please, they must have some secret room where they pour out good liquor and fill with water? Carnival has plenty of ways to take your money with stealing from their guests. 

coevan

• 5,000+ Club

And you know this because you are an employee! ?:classic_cool: ?  That room is probably in the bowels of the ship!    I can see the stewards, filling liquor bottles with water, then dumping some of it, and putting in a little bit a booze!😄 :classic_blink::classic_wink:  

Oh Please!!!  It was a PUN.......   Find another thread and bicker with them.....😊🥩

Edited by jwjax