The REAL Boarding time

melodyesch

So this is strange, I thought.  We are going on the Breakaway tomorrow out of New Orleans and when I registered, it gave me various time slots to choose to arrive.  I chose 2:00 - 2:30 but you could also choose 2:30 - 3:00.  That was the latest.  Honestly, I didn’t pay attention to the departure time, I just knew we wanted to try to arrive later to hopefully avoid the lines.  But now that I am looking at my cruise docs,it says we MUST be on board 2 hours prior to departure, and we depart at 4 PM!    Incidentally, right under that, it says that we have elected to arrive at the pier from 2 - 2:30.

Why in heaven’s name would they allow me to pick 2 - 2:30, when we HAVE to be on board by 2:00?  We are in the area so it’s no big deal and I always reconfirm, but they should have their time selection setup properly.

I also noticed this on my Excape cruise back in January with a 4 PM sail time. I also saw 2:30 to 3 as an option at Check in, and there might have even been 3-3:30?

I agree with you, this was very perplexing. We did show up at the pier just after 3 PM and had no issues getting on, but I was in panick on the way there when I read that we had to be there 2 hours prior. I took my time because those options were there, and just like you, I wondered why these were options, when the company’s written policy is 2 hours prior. It made me extremely confused and we almost missed the cruise as a result. 

15 hours ago, melodyesch said:

So this is strange, I thought.  We are going on the Breakaway tomorrow out of New Orleans and when I registered, it gave me various time slots to choose to arrive.  I chose 2:00 - 2:30 but you could also choose 2:30 - 3:00.  That was the latest.  Honestly, I didn’t pay attention to the departure time, I just knew we wanted to try to arrive later to hopefully avoid the lines.  But now that I am looking at my cruise docs,it says we MUST be on board 2 hours prior to departure, and we depart at 4 PM!    Incidentally, right under that, it says that we have elected to arrive at the pier from 2 - 2:30.

Why in heaven’s name would they allow me to pick 2 - 2:30, when we HAVE to be on board by 2:00?  We are in the area so it’s no big deal and I always reconfirm, but they should have their time selection setup properly.

Because they know when they REALLY have to have the ship’s manifest into immigrations and customs to depart. Follow the printed all aboard time to be safe.