Power outlet type on Westerdam.

kimi99

On her sister ship Zuiderdam, we had American outlets and, I’m almost certain, standard European outlets. Also, some USB ports.  This was after the most recent dry dock, when the USB ports were installed.  (Also, we were in a Signature Suite: I don’t know if that mattered as to the USB ports.)

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

US and European are standard on all HAL ships. And on just about any ship typically oriented to Americans.

Extra details are always appreciated.  At least by me.  We’re getting ready to book Holland America for the first time, and have UK plugs on our appliances, so knowing that there are European outlets as well as North American is helpful.  That way I can bring adapters for both.  Thank you! 😊

Edited by lisiamc

I was on the Westerdam in November. There are two double American/European plugs on the desk as well as a double USB plug. There are single USB plugs above each night table.  The ship has been beautifully renovated. My cabin was one of a test for an automatic light that went on under the cupboards when ever you stood in front of the corridor area. They did a survey to see if it should be put in ship wide. I thought it was great especially if you got up in the middle of the night. No need for a nightlight.  You should enjoy the ship.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Crew News said:

Any permanent USB outlet can be used to charge a USB-powered device.  Bring a multiple USB adapter so you can charge all of your devices at the same time.

Any suggestions on a brand for the "multiple USB adaptor?"  I'm looking at amazon, and there are a lot to choose from.  I'm reading that it can't have a surge protector.  Thanks for your help! 

4 hours ago, ktbraun said:

Any suggestions on a brand for the "multiple USB adaptor?"  I'm looking at amazon, and there are a lot to choose from.  I'm reading that it can't have a surge protector.  Thanks for your help! 

Here is a link to what I use to plug into an AC outlet.  It also has a fast charge in the first output for phones and does not have a surge protector:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IUTIUEA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is one that will plug into the wall USB outlets but does not have the fast charge as the one above:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IUTIUEA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And one of these for each electrical outlet :

None of the above have a surge protector and more than doubles your AC outlets as well as let you charge lots of devices.

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 1