Tea time?

Trinam2

3 minutes ago, Trinam2 said:

Do they have afternoon tea on RCI Cruises? We are going on Oasis January 20 and I was curious because this is our first time on this ship.

Not really.    They sometimes have an afternoon snack period in the buffet, and you might find a scone or two, but it's nothing like what I've read about how Princess does it.

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Not really.    They sometimes have an afternoon snack period in the buffet, and you might find a scone or two, but it's nothing like what I've read about how Princess does it.

Or go on the Spectrum, and the pub was replaced with a Tea and pastry shop!

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I hope you are kidding!

Sorry, no, I'm not kidding.  The pub was removed, or re-purposed into a "Tea and Coffee Shop", selling imported teas, pies, pastries, and cakes.  The emphasis will be on Tea.  A few other things moved and re-purposed, but the Pub was the most troubling for me.  (but my wife likes tea)

1 minute ago, Joseph2017China said:

Sorry, no, I'm not kidding.  The pub was removed, or re-purposed into a "Tea and Coffee Shop", selling imported teas, pies, pastries, and cakes.  The emphasis will be on Tea.  A few other things moved and re-purposed, but the Pub was the most troubling for me.  (but my wife likes tea)

I've not been keeping track, but is Spectrum thought to be going to Asia?

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Maybe when Voyager and Mariner were there, the company noticed the pub was not being used much?

On the Quantum, the pub was always dead.  The Schooner Bar, and the Music Hall was where you had the most activity.   Bar sales aren't very high in China, so changing a bar from Beer to Tea, and if it works, I guess the revenue stream will be good.  The live rock bands, one English, one Chinese, alternated between Boleros and Music Hall. 

Boleros is also removed but it is replaced I think to a dedicated karaoke bar.

16 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

On the Quantum, the pub was always dead.  The Schooner Bar, and the Music Hall was where you had the most activity.   Bar sales aren't very high in China, so changing a bar from Beer to Tea, and if it works, I guess the revenue stream will be good.  The live rock bands, one English, one Chinese, alternated between Boleros and Music Hall. 

Boleros is also removed but it is replaced I think to a dedicated karaoke bar.

Interesting that the pub was dead but Schooner was not.  I've not been on Quantum class, but was there any entertainment (guitar player, etc.) in the pub?

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Interesting that the pub was dead but Schooner was not.  I've not been on Quantum class, but was there any entertainment (guitar player, etc.) in the pub?

Just a note.  This was the Quantum, not the whole class.  On the quantum, the pub had a special pub fare, that was a whole fish.  It was to in attract more people to offer Chinese pub food, but it didn't really work.  They did not have entertainment.  The Schooner bar had sing along, so, that is always a large draw.  (My guess the dedicated karaoke bar is going to be popular).   They did use the pub a few times, like the upper tier party, which was about 10 people. 

I expect people to be talking about it beginning in April, but May 25 starts the final leg, to deliver it to Shanghai, and the first full Asian trip so I will write a review when I get back.  There is going to be some interesting review.

7 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Just a note.  This was the Quantum, not the whole class.  On the quantum, the pub had a special pub fare, that was a whole fish.  It was to in attract more people to offer Chinese pub food, but it didn't really work.  They did not have entertainment.  The Schooner bar had sing along, so, that is always a large draw.  (My guess the dedicated karaoke bar is going to be popular).   They did use the pub a few times, like the upper tier party, which was about 10 people. 

I expect people to be talking about it beginning in April, but May 25 starts the final leg, to deliver it to Shanghai, and the first full Asian trip so I will write a review when I get back.  There is going to be some interesting review.

Thanks for the info and I'm looking forward to your review.:classic_smile: