Help with bus in Puerto Vallarta

travellingnana

I have my $10 pesos!!  When I exit the cruise terminal area, is the closest bus stop to my left or my right?  To get the the Malecon, can I get on any bus heading in the right direction?  Where would be the best place to get off?  Finally, when heading back do I want a bus that says Walmart?  the Marina?  Thank you.

There are two docks in PV, we were at the one that was on the north side of the port area.  This is for that dock.  Not sure about the dock that is on the more south side, which is about a block away.

Turn left.  Look along the street and you will see a bus stop complete with a pretty standard bus shelter similar to US and Canadian ones.  It is by a building that has  a bank in it.  Get a bus that says "Centro".  There are usually lots of people who can help you on the bus -- many speak English 🙂 That's how we got to the stop we got off at -- two kind ladies told us 🙂  

Going back to the ship you want a bus that says Walmart Liverpool Marina.  If you are at the more south dock, get off where you see the Walmart.  If you are at the more north dock, imho you should get off at the stop AFTER Walmart.

There are still both public and private buses running. 

Indeed take a bus marked Centro, but also check donot take those with Tunel! They donot go to the Malecon but go a different route. On the way back take the blue white ones marked Walmart, Marina, Ixtapa or airport. Not the green ones marked Walmart, they go to a different Walmart.

PV has  3 docks, so much depends where your ship will dock in order to see the busstop.

For the best place to get off the bus for the Malecon = ask the bus driver to let you off close to Hotel  Rosita.   It is across from the MacDonald's on the Malecon.   You can start walking there and go for miles and miles.   Lots to see - bars, restaurants and stores.   Have a good day.  We are in PV now and the weather is great.

Merry Christmas to all.