Upgrades

Mike.NJ28

Are Cabin upgrades ever available? These do not necessarily have to be free, I am prepared to pay for one if there are discounts available.....Has anyone received an upgrade in the cabin? We are currently V6 on the Odyssey and were curious as to what might be possible. Thanks!

-Michael

Yes, paid upgrades are frequently offered. Ask your TA to keep you informed if any come through from Seabourn. Obviously it depends on which suite categories are selling well for the specific cruise you are booked on.

Odd, we've never received a single upgrade option. Not sure we'd bite, not at those prices, but it would be nice to be asked. I think it's quite smart business by Seabourn. By 30 days out you paid in full 2 months ago, you've bought your air tickets and paid for those and it's all spent money. It's not impossible at that point to imagine justifying to yourself an 'upgrade' fee. 

3 hours ago, oceanviewer21 said:

We always book with guaranteed upgrade just finishing Dubai to Singapore on Ovation we booked V2 guaranteed V4 we got PH 

got PH for FREE? :classic_ohmy:

On 12/21/2018 at 10:17 AM, rols said:

Odd, we've never received a single upgrade option. Not sure we'd bite, not at those prices, but it would be nice to be asked. I think it's quite smart business by Seabourn. By 30 days out you paid in full 2 months ago, you've bought your air tickets and paid for those and it's all spent money. It's not impossible at that point to imagine justifying to yourself an 'upgrade' fee. 

you can also ask your TA about pay upgrade. I never receive one for TA but I always ask my TA 3 weeks before cruise for pay upgrade.

On 12/21/2018 at 1:17 PM, rols said:

Your agent probably is not passing along the email that they receive.  To be honest, the recent upgrade prices have not been very attractive.  I think SB likes to upgrade first timers so if there are suites left, they will sometimes give them a PH for free.  I've heard of several new to SB cruisers getting this type of upgrade recently.

4 hours ago, texanaust said:

Your agent probably is not passing along the email that they receive.  To be honest, the recent upgrade prices have not been very attractive.  I think SB likes to upgrade first timers so if there are suites left, they will sometimes give them a PH for free.  I've heard of several new to SB cruisers getting this type of upgrade recently.

No we've asked her - she's very responsive and said she's never received an upgrade offer for us or any of her clients (not that I think there are that many of them, the market for Seabourn cruises in Singapore is not huge). 

Before my recent Odyssey cruise (December 15, Barbados to Sint Maarten), I received two emails from Seabourn to upgrade from our V5 cabin. I ignored both of them as I was fine with our selection and I couldn’t see a value reason to pay an additional $1000/pp to upgrade. Then, one week prior to departure, we received final update that indicated that Seabourn upgraded us to a Penthouse Suite, without a request on my part. It was a very nice thing, but over the 7 days I was still trying to figure out which cabin door to go through 😁

19 hours ago, raphael360 said:

Well, OK.  SB calls them upgrade offers in my emails.  My bad

I didn't mean to sound patronizing. Sorry if it came off that way, But the reason SB calls them upgrades is because they want you to think you are getting something you are not.

I think you are wrong to say “they want you to think you are getting something you are not”.

We paid full price for our Penthouse Suite as I wanted to pick our suite. At the prices I have seen quoted on emails for an upgrade/upsell - I think they can be a great deal. 

You may think the upgrade/upsell prices are high and not worth it - each to their own !!

Some of us would very much feel we would be getting an upgrade if we paid thousands less than the full booking price !!

Jane, I agree with you.  We would love to book a Penthouse Suite but we have a limit to how much money we can afford per cruise.  Our goal is to do 40 to 60 days a year on Seabourn.  With that said, we love the Veranda Suites.  The basement on SB is better that the owners suite on Celebrity (having been in that suite).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jane21 said:

I think you are wrong to say “they want you to think you are getting something you are not”.

We paid full price for our Penthouse Suite as I wanted to pick our suite. At the prices I have seen quoted on emails for an upgrade/upsell - I think they can be a great deal. 

You may think the upgrade/upsell prices are high and not worth it - each to their own !!

Some of us would very much feel we would be getting an upgrade if we paid thousands less than the full booking price !!

But you are not getting an upgrade, You are being sold an upsell for which you are paying regardless if it's less then the original fare. An upgrade is free of any change.

On three of our eighteen Seabourn cruises, we were upgraded from a verandah suite to a penthouse suite (for free).  We weren’t aware of the upgrade (nor did we request it) until we checked in at the port.  What a great surprise!

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, Mike.NJ28 said:

Are Cabin upgrades ever available? These do not necessarily have to be free, I am prepared to pay for one if there are discounts available.....Has anyone received an upgrade in the cabin? We are currently V6 on the Odyssey and were curious as to what might be possible. Thanks!

-Michael

V 6 , as I have perused  , is the highest category for the veranda suites .If I am navigating correctly  . So the only thing you can move to would be an Owners suite or a Penthouse .  Can't be  too many with 225 suites in total . But discount ? Good luck  

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, wripro said:

I didn't mean to sound patronizing. Sorry if it came off that way, But the reason SB calls them upgrades is because they want you to think you are getting something you are not.

I like the way you think .Yo Mamma didn't raise no fool .