Just booked my first solo cruise

Shadygap

It is a short 4 day Carnival cruise in March.  It will be my 3rd cruise overall.  I've done with one with NCL and one with Carnival.  I know that Norwegian caters more to solo cruisers but I just took a cruise with friends in October.  I"m really anxious to go on alone and this is all my budget will allow.  But then I'm saving for aa solo cruise on Norwegian.  I'm 58 years old and I have traveled cross country to visit my daughter and grandson and I have traveled cross country to take trainings, but I have never taken a vacation like this alone.  The last cruise I did have my own cabin and I loved it!  I did a lot of my own things and met up with my friends at dinner.  Dinner is what worries me a little.  I did have any time dining but changed it to late dining hoping to get seated with others and possibly other solo cruisers.  I'm excited.

On 12/19/2018 at 6:36 PM, Shadygap said:

Dinner is what worries me a little.  I did have any time dining but changed it to late dining hoping to get seated with others and possibly other solo cruisers.

You can dine with strangers on Any Time or Late or Early dining. For Late or Early dining you'll be dining with the same people all cruise long which can be good or can be bad depending on the people, for Any Time you might get different folks each night.

All that having been said I highly recommend dining with strangers, it's generally a great experience...

• Like 1