Linking reservations

We had all sorts of problems linking bookings. Our major issue was that two couples went through their TA (the same TA for both) and we booked online. We could do nothing about it online and had to do it on the phone to RCCI. Even that was difficult as we are Oz based. They kept flicking us back to Oz or a Singapore office (for Asian cruises). There seemed to be minimal these areas could do. Finally found someone at head office in Miami who sorted it all out for us............we will actually find out when we cruise if it actually worked.

Recommend calling RCCI and talk it through. Make sure you have all the booking numbers, and ensure everyone has the same dining option and time.

Good Luck!

Lynn and Carl

On 12/21/2018 at 9:36 AM, October17 said:

I booked directly with Royal, and was able to link them via website a few weeks ago. The option wasn’t there before, but now it was. On the page when you log in, and see the countdown to next cruise, there was an option to link, the button is a bit vaguely named, but goes to the link option. 

A9F3BA0A-4EF6-4F4C-B1EE-6E0573392D76.png

AA68887C-D8E0-45DD-B125-92FA0FA15ABC.jpeg

I linked two reservations that were booked with different TA's to my reservation using this method. I actually couldn't believe it worked. I just needed the name and reservation number.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:43 PM, Host Clarea said:

If you are in traditional (fixed)  dining, they assign you to the same table.

Not sure what linking does for those on My Time. 

I was able to make reservations for dinner for all of us at the same time.

Edited by Iamcruzin

6 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I was able to make reservations for dinner for all of us at the same time.

Wow! Thank you!

I had previously made MTD reservations for all 4 bookings via the Cruise Planner. I had to enter everyone's cruise booking numbers - 4 total. My daughter and I are the only ones on my particular booking number.  After making those reservations, I later bought other things.  Only my name and my daughter's name would appear as choices for the particular item I was purchasing.

A few minutes ago, I linked all the reservations on the Royal site as you so kindly shared.

I went to the Cruise Planner and did a mock reservation, and everyone's name appeared as choices. Now I won't have to enter the other three booking numbers any time I want to make reservations for all of us.

We all booked through the same travel agent.  I had emailed him about linking reservations when this thread started.  I have not heard back. Thank you for sharing this information.