Linking reservations

it also depends on how you booked. We have two couples that booked direct and two that booked with a TA. The direct bookings could just call Royal and be asked to link together. I then had to give permission to Royal to allow the the two that booked through the TA to be linked. I had to have the booking numbers for those two as well.  TA then has to call and link to my booking number. 

Edited by belmontcrew

5 hours ago, jimvern1966 said:

I just booked the Rhapsody in April...yeah!! But I can't remember how to link reservations.... my bff booked also... any help very much appreciated 🙂

That functionality has been removed from Royal's website.  Each person should contact whoever booked their cruise and request linking with the other.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That functionality has been removed from Royal's website.  Each person should contact whoever booked their cruise and request linking with the other.

Bob, 

I got stuck recently behind a group of 16 right after embarkation trying to arrange one table for dining throughout our cruise. This took 45 minutes. Would linking their reservations have made the process quicker and easier to get their table assignment accomplished?

18 minutes ago, Johnamac123 said:

Bob, 

I got stuck recently behind a group of 16 right after embarkation trying to arrange one table for dining throughout our cruise. This took 45 minutes. Would linking their reservations have made the process quicker and easier to get their table assignment accomplished?

If they were in fixed (traditional) dining, then they could have contacted the cruise line prior to sailing and arranged for two tables near each other.

10 minutes ago, jimvern1966 said:

We booked thru Royal Caribbean on the same phone call.... shouldn't they already be linked? 

Possibly, but with MTD, linking does not ensure you are dining at the same table.

I booked directly with Royal, and was able to link them via website a few weeks ago. The option wasn’t there before, but now it was. On the page when you log in, and see the countdown to next cruise, there was an option to link, the button is a bit vaguely named, but goes to the link option. 

A9F3BA0A-4EF6-4F4C-B1EE-6E0573392D76.png

AA68887C-D8E0-45DD-B125-92FA0FA15ABC.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

What is the benefit of linking your cruise with another travel party?

If you are in traditional (fixed)  dining, they assign you to the same table.

Not sure what linking does for those on My Time. 

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If you are in traditional (fixed)  dining, they assign you to the same table.

Not sure what linking does for those on My Time. 

We are traveling with friends on Allure.  We linked our info so that one person could make our MTD dinner reservations and our show time reservations.  I hope this helps!

12 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

We are traveling with friends on Allure.  We linked our info so that one person could make our MTD dinner reservations and our show time reservations.  I hope this helps!

Thanks for the update. 

Just curious, did that one person try to make reservations for your MTD dinner and could not until they linked the bookings?

I didn't link any reservations, but when I went to make the reservations for our MTD on an upcoming cruise, I was able to book dining together for us and my parents that had booked seperate from us.  All I needed to know was their confirmation number I believe to book them with us.

Edited by wgeo

19 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Thanks for the update. 

Just curious, did that one person try to make reservations for your MTD dinner and could not until they linked the bookings?

We weren't able to make MTD reservations before we linked but we may have done something wrong.  Some things seemed to work and others didn't.  Once we linked the accounts we didn't have any trouble.

21 minutes ago, wgeo said:

I didn't link any reservations, but when I went to make the reservations for our MTD on an upcoming cruise, I was able to book dining together for us and my parents that had booked seperate from us.  All I needed to know was their confirmation number I believe to book them with us.

That's what I thought.  Same with entertainment, all I needed was the reservation number.

2 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

We weren't able to make MTD reservations before we linked but we may have done something wrong.  Some things seemed to work and others didn't.  Once we linked the accounts we didn't have any trouble.

Thanks, so there still might be something about linking that facilitates MTD.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:19 PM, wgeo said:

We have 3 cabin bookings via a travel agent. We booked at the same time.  I don't know if they are linked or not. I will call/email about that question.  But because I had everyone's booking number, I was able to make MTD for everyone. There is a long list somewhere on the cruise planner with all the MTD reservations. The list may be on the "purchased" section of the planner, but I can't remember. The calendar on my cruise planner only shows the MTD reservations for my particular booking. Maybe all I did was make separate MTD reservations for each booking.

Will we still have to go to the dining room on embarkation day to get seating together?

Edited by luv2sailAgain

Just an update..... I was having trouble making reservations for MTD because there are 5 different reservation numbers, so I called and scheduled us all for early seating at dinner. We're up to 8 cabins so far and it looks like 1 or 2 more to follow! BTW the reps from RCCL have all been wonderful. Always friendly and super helpful. One more quick question..... Tips can only be prepaid over the phone not on the website, right?? Thanks :) 

8 hours ago, jimvern1966 said:

... One more quick question..... Tips can only be prepaid over the phone not on the website, right?? Thanks 🙂 

Correct, if you want to prepay tips after initial booking you must contact whoever booked your cruise.

FYI, my brother and I used that webpage button to “link” our reservation ourselves online.  It did allow us to see each other’s info, so it seemed to work.

then, yesterday during a called customer service, the customer service agent informed us the reservations were not linked in her system.  She said once linked, I could make some changes to DB’s reservation, so if, for example, I discover a great upgrade opportunity while he is busy at work, hopefully I can snag it on his behalf ( booked direct)

The learning experience I want to share with fellow cruise critic members: the two methods of linking are, evidently, not equivalent.  You may still wish to call and link your reservations.

• Like 1

Yes, this is my understanding as well. When you click "add a cruise" button, it allows you to see the other parties reservation, but it isn't linked and recognized as a combined party by Royal. I'm not really sure what the implications are of this, but it is definitely helps when you call in for an issue that affects both reservations. 

Edited by davisrnr