Celebrity Infinity Penthouse Suite Entertainment Options?

Sirius33

Hi Everyone,

We are doing the 27-31 Dec cruise aboard Infinity and staying in the Penthouse Suite on Deck 6.  I wondered if anyone knows what entertainment options are available in the suite other than the listed 52" interactive TV w/ Surround Sound?  Is there a place to plug in an iPhone/iPad and play music over a speaker system?  

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

There is a baby grand piano in the room, and when we were in the penthouse on a Panama Canal cruise we convinced the on-board piano player to come play for us one evening for 30-45 minutes. What a memory! 

The piano [at least did] have the ability to play itself with cartridges. They are hit and miss, but fun.

The outside hot tub is an entertainment highlight.

More to your point, in 2015, we had to bring a wireless speaker for music, maybe that has changed.

Edited by Cloudybay

I haven't been in the Penthouse in awhile and not sure if they upgraded the entertainment system.   Last time I was in it they had a audio system underneath the living room TV with an Amplifier and a bunch more components.   I suspect they also now have some type of speaker system you can plug into.   In our Royal recently they had some type of a portable JVC Bluetooth speakers.

3 hours ago, Cloudybay said:

There is a baby grand piano in the room, and when we were in the penthouse on a Panama Canal cruise we convinced the on-board piano player to come play for us one evening for 30-45 minutes. What a memory! 

The piano [at least did] have the ability to play itself with cartridges. They are hit and miss, but fun.

The outside hot tub is an entertainment highlight.

More to your point, in 2015, we had to bring a wireless speaker for music, maybe that has changed.

How is the hot tub? We are in the Penthouse on Summit in a couple weeks. We’ve done the S class Penthouse and Royal suites and didn’t care for the tubs on the balcony. Was wondering if this one was better?

6 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

How is the hot tub? We are in the Penthouse on Summit in a couple weeks. We’ve done the S class Penthouse and Royal suites and didn’t care for the tubs on the balcony. Was wondering if this one was better?

Last time I was in the Penthouse the "Hot Tube" was no more than a bathtub size Jacuzzi Tub.   It is well protected for privacy.   It is pretty much the same size as the one in the Royal.    

• Like 1

The sound systems were dated when we were last in an M PH a couple of years ago (Summit and Millie). We took our small Bose with us and used iPads. It was fine for what we wanted, a little background music. Bonus was sound was local to us not coming out of every speaker in the suite and balcony meaning our neighbours didn’t have to share it!

When in suites we have let our butler know of any ‘electronic’ needs and technicians have come to cable up game systems etc.

Strongly suggest you speak to the shoreside concierge and ask them to find out for you what the in suite system is like and what it is capable of or what they can sort on board for you. Stress you need to know if you can use your iPad.... If you are planning parties where music is key I am sure they will be able to fix something up for you and, as someone else said, arrange a pianist. If the music is just for you to enjoy remember that there is a door between you and an adjoining sky suite. We used to put a towel at the base of this door in the evening if we were watching a movie or listening to music as we were aware from posts on here that the sound did travel through....If you are partying, suggest you extend your neighbours an invite!

Re the on deck tub, more circular in shape than the S class, great for a dip when enjoying the wonderful deck!

Whilst we love the S class PH for its decadence of light and space the M class PH deck is truly wonderful and the ambiance of the living space reminds us of an ‘old fashioned club’ but not in a negative way....

With only S class cruises booked in the near future, hope that those of you about to enjoy the M PH enjoy as much as we did, it really is a very special room.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 11:40 AM, WonderMan3 said:

The hot tub is round and sits on the side on the deck partially under cover and certainly private enough that the adjoining Sky Suite would have to lean around the balcony divider to look. It is more comfortable in size and shape than the S class tubs. I really enjoyed it in the morning after the gym. I think the M class Penthouse is the best stateroom on Celebrity [I haven't been in Reflection Suite or on Edge yet].

• Like 1