Online Check IN Question

Croooser

A question for Recent MSC passengers:

If you booked with a TA, were you able to complete the Online Check In process yourself or did your TA have to complete it? The other lines that we have sailed all permit us to do it ourselves even when booking via a TA.

We can log in and see our booking,but when we attempt to go to online check in, it times out. Have tried multiple browsers, erase cookies, etc.

Thanks for any info on this.

Interesting.  I booked with a TA, for a cruise in Feb.  I went in a couple weeks ago to do online checkin.  I got almost all the way through and it looked like it was trying to kick back something, but suddenly the eTicket popped up in my email, so I am all set.  That would be almost two months before sailing.  EM

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Interesting.  I booked with a TA, for a cruise in Feb.  I went in a couple weeks ago to do online checkin.  I got almost all the way through and it looked like it was trying to kick back something, but suddenly the eTicket popped up in my email, so I am all set.  That would be almost two months before sailing.  EM

We also booked through a TA but could not access our eTicket until 30 days before.  But was able to print everything out once available once they were ready.

For the benefit of those having similar issues:

When signing in as Mike, web check in worked and was able to be completed

When signing in as Janet, web check in timed out regardless of cookies, browser,etc.

We suspect that the MSC system has one passenger as the 'priority' and only allows that one to access web check in. At least that was what happened to us. 

Once into web check in, we were able to complete info for both passengers.

HTH

• Like 1