Is a suite worth it?

1025cruise

46 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Well, ended up booking a concierge cabin. I couldn't justify the additional cost. However, I did upgrade to "Go Best" so most of what I need is covered.

Watch prices after final payment.  Last year, we were able to move from a concierge to an S2 for 525.00 total, and that included buying back the Go Best.  For about 100 we could have foregone the perks.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 12:07 PM, BNBR said:

Food has generally been good on my flights.  But more importantly, I'm a big guy with back issues. Coach seats are pure misery to me. I also book with points. 

you must be talking about domestic. International no comparison. i. too will never fly less than business

On 12/26/2018 at 6:16 PM, TeeRick said:

The great thing about Celebrity is that you can book even the most inexpensive suite and still get the key suite benefits.  IMO it is very much worth it but of course everybody has different values and bank accounts!

On 12/28/2018 at 9:27 AM, TeeRick said:

To the OP- Yes a suite is worth it to me.  But it is a personal buying decision that only you can answer.

I took the family on the Infinity a few months ago.  Two sky suites and a celebrity suite.  I enjoy luminae but Michael’s club was almost always empty.  Usually I also enjoy breakfast in my suite.  Frankly I was irritated that my toast was consistently cold and my so called “premium juice” was pathetic.  Omelets were lukewarm.  One son who enjoyed smoothies said they came watery.  When he mentioned it to his butler, the butler said he could get a blender and make them fresh.  My son declined the offer.  My butler told me it took time for food service to let her know my food was prepared.  In the past I had remembered a butlers pantry nearby and I thought perhaps it had been closed.

My cruise was right before the Edge was to make its first trip out of Ft. Lauderdale and my sons thought they may have taken the best butlers and left the rookies.

I complained when I returned home.  I was informed that butlers pantries are open and indeed my few expectations should have been met.  Celebrity graciously offered a little something to encourage us to return.

I’ve booked a b2b on the Infinity again.  Celebrity suite for me and sky suites for my sons.  I’m elite plus so I have good benefits.  I enjoy Luminae but I’m perfectly happy with the food in Blu so if the butler doesn’t provide service then, I’m not sure the additional cost is worth it.  

We usually sail in verandahs, but have sailed in two suites (once a Royal Suite for a special anniversary).   I personally love Luminae, and that would be the main reason for me booking a suite.   That said, earlier this year, we sailed 19 days in a verandah with no perks on a transpacific cruise.    Although I’ve always been happy with the main dining room, I thought it might get a bit old for 19 days so we booked a 7 night dining package.  In the dining room we ate with wonderful people and I got to the point, I would have skipped the speciality restaurants because we had such a good experience in the main dining room.

Personally, I don’t have much need for a butler, I find Michael’s Club dark and unappealing (especially if I have a beverage package) and really, the Go Best package gives me everything I really want.   The price would have to be very good for me to choose a suite on the M and S class.   We have booked back to back cruises on the Edge in February, (one cruise in a suite) because the Retreat looks like a game-changer.   Having a less-crowded pool sounds great, along with a bright and cheery suite lounge.   There are little perks that make suites pleasant, like priority tenders and embarkation and debarkation, not having to wait in line at Guest Relations, etc., however, they are not worth the difference in price to me for the most part.

I think you made the right decision in booking a verandah if you don’t need the extra space of a suite and are happy in the main dining room.  With the diffence in cost, you can purchase lots of upgraded drinks, nice shore excursions, and some speciality dining, to make your anniversary cruise stand out from the rest.

Have a wonderful time!

To us, it's not about the cost, but the value for such cost. Because of this, we have never tried even the entry level suite on Celebrity. We have done a Grand Suite on the Allure of the Seas and the Yacht Club Deluxe Suite on MSC. Less money and we thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. We are doing MSC again in October.

11 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

To us, it's not about the cost, but the value for such cost. Because of this, we have never tried even the entry level suite on Celebrity. We have done a Grand Suite on the Allure of the Seas and the Yacht Club Deluxe Suite on MSC. Less money and we thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. We are doing MSC again in October.

That is it in a nutshell.  My experience in a S1 suite on the Silhouette did not provide the value that we paid.  It was a beautiful spacious cabin (probably the nicest cabin of all the cabins I've stayed in) but that was it. Even if I wanted the butler service, he was never around. I wouldn't spend the money on one again.   Now my experience on NCL's Jade suite was amazing.  Very attentive staff and concierge that made us feel special....but I won't go into that here.