El Cozumeleno

jfhtn

Has anyone been to this resort on a day pass? Nacho Cocum is booked and  I found this as an alternative but I don’t know anything about it except pictures on their website. It looks really nice.  Anyone have any experience?

We've stayed at El Coz for land-based vacations. The grounds, pool, etc are very pretty and were in great shape the last time we were there. Pretty pools and several hot tubs. Lots of bars, and typically AI food. The snorkeling is good next to the pier, and it's a nice walk along the coast exploring tide pools. Way more laid back than Mr. Sanchos, though. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 10:38 PM, jfhtn said:

Has anyone been to this resort on a day pass? Nacho Cocum is booked and  I found this as an alternative but I don’t know anything about it except pictures on their website. It looks really nice.  Anyone have any experience?

We have been on a day pass booked directly through the hotel. It included a room as well. Very nice place.

On 12/29/2018 at 2:50 PM, Arzeena said:

We have been on a day pass booked directly through the hotel. It included a room as well. Very nice place.

Did you book this advance with the hotel?

was it the same as the price through a broker?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also looking at El Cozumeleno as an option for our cruise stop in May.  Does anyone have any feedback as to who they purchased this through--such as Shore Excursioneer or some others?  I'm leery of some third parties and most don't get great reviews on sites like Yelp or Trip Advisor, so thought I'd 'ask the experts' here at CC.  Thanks in advance.  

5 hours ago, rockmom said:

I'm also looking at El Cozumeleno as an option for our cruise stop in May.  Does anyone have any feedback as to who they purchased this through--such as Shore Excursioneer or some others?  I'm leery of some third parties and most don't get great reviews on sites like Yelp or Trip Advisor, so thought I'd 'ask the experts' here at CC.  Thanks in advance.  

I read a pretty good review of this place on another blog website and they bought from Shore Excursioneer with no issues.

• Like 1

Stayed at El Coz for over a week.  Beautiful property, great snorkeling right off pier.  Cannot recommend the food, it's very bad. You could stomach it for a day I'm sure, but there are much better choices on the island.    

19 hours ago, 12-28 said:

Stayed at El Coz for over a week.  Beautiful property, great snorkeling right off pier.  Cannot recommend the food, it's very bad. You could stomach it for a day I'm sure, but there are much better choices on the island.    

Thanks for the input.  I have seen the bad food reviews too and am taking that into account for sure.  Our main focus is a nice beach, not a crazy 'gone wild' party atmosphere, my daughter wants to kayak, and I like a nice pool with a swim up bar. The snorkeling right off the pier might seal the deal here though--that's a total bonus.  We looked at Nachi, but that might be a little too laid back, and they do charge extra for things like kayaks and snorkeling.