OBC from Royal CC not used

BuckeyeMan

We are doing B2B cruises in Feb.  Trying to plan how much OBC to allocate to each cruise.  What happens to OBC from our RC credit card if we do use the full amount? I thought I had saw it was returned to my credit card as a credit.  Just want to make sure so I know how to plan. 

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the OBC from Visa points is fully refundable.  If you don't cash it out on the last day, it will automatically go back onto the credit card securing your onboard account.  If that is the Royal Visa card, you will lose 2X point for that credit, so it's better to take out the cash.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, the OBC from Visa points is fully refundable.  If you don't cash it out on the last day, it will automatically go back onto the credit card securing your onboard account.  If that is the Royal Visa card, you will lose 2X point for that credit, so it's better to take out the cash.

Can you explain the "Take out of the cash"  Are you saying go to guest services and get the cash back from the unused portion of the OBC?  Do this rather than let it go back on our card?  And our CC securing the account would be the Royal CC.

Edited by BuckeyeMan

19 minutes ago, BuckeyeMan said:

Can you explain the "Take out of the cash"  Are you saying go to guest services and get the cash back from the unused portion of the OBC?  Do this rather than let it go back on our card?  And our CC securing the account would be the Royal CC.

Yes, on the last day, probably afternoon or later, you can cash out any remaining refundable OBC.

Just as you get double points for RC purchases using the RC Visa card, you also lose double points for any credit from RC. 

We had similar experience on Celebrity last year. Had to cash out a certain amount day before last day. Some portion had to be spent. My wife bought a nice solar wrist watch. Always charged through natural light. Like $125.00. Citizen brand.

We learned a valuable lesson on asking before end of cruise about obc.

Our situation was pre paid tips. Obc from booking. Obc from stock ownership.