Move Over Offer

pandora518

We did the Mexican Riviera on the Star last October with our group that included 6 couples. One couple received an email offering a move from a balcony to an inside cabin in return for a full refund. They jumped on the offer right away and messaged the rest of our group. None of us had received the emailed offer but one couple called the Princess number anyway and inquired about the offer, they were given it as well.  So 2 of the 6 couples had free cruises! They were so excited and it worked out beautifully for them. My husband and I enjoy spending time in our mini suite and wouldn’t take an offer of an inside cabin but if you don’t spend much time in the cabin it was a tremendous deal.

I received a move-over offer 3 days prior to my Jan 5 sailing on the Ruby, Mexican Riviera. They offered a 10 day cruise or I could choose something else. It was a free cruise. Fare paid to be a refundable on-board credit. They also paid for our airline change fee. Not too shabby!

We are cruising with friends and they got it too! 

11 minutes ago, Dive Girl said:

I received a move-over offer 3 days prior to my Jan 5 sailing on the Ruby, Mexican Riviera. They offered a 10 day cruise or I could choose something else. It was a free cruise. Fare paid to be a refundable on-board credit. They also paid for our airline change fee. Not too shabby!

very nice!

3 hours ago, Dive Girl said:

How long was the cruise that you were originally booked on Jan. 5th?   10, 7, 5 or 4 days?  Thanks.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:05 PM, pandora518 said:

We just accepted what seems to be a very lucrative "move over" offer.  We were booked in a balcony cabin on a 14-day Asia cruise.  Princess offered us a free 20-day cruise, our current fare refunded as refundable OBC on whatever cruise we book instead, an upgrade to a mini suite, and air/hotel cancellation charges.  We were really looking forward to the Asia cruise but can now book a longer one if we wish, or...?  I must say Princess is very generous with these "move over" offers!  We've been cruising Princess for years and have never received such an offer before!  55

Do you get to pick which 20 day cruise you move over to or is it assigned by Princess?

51 minutes ago, pandora518 said:

We can choose any cruise we want, anywhere in the world, up to 20 days.

Can you split the 20 days into two shorter cruises?  I think someone else posted here that they ended up with two cruises.

• 4 years later...

Thanks for this years old thread. This just happened to us.

Around 12 noon I got a Moreover offer. Glanced, googled. Followed up by email at 2pm with some phone calls between 5-6pm. Haven't locked it down yet but:

Original: 10 day Caribbean balcony

Moveover offer: 14 day Caribbean balcony departing two weeks later, Princess pays for flight change and fully refunds our booked excursions and specialty dinner reservations. Refunds back to cards and original cruise price in the form of onboard credit, with anything unused mailed to our house after the cruise is over. Still getting all of the original destination ports and exchanging St. Kitts for Dominica/Curacao/Aruba.

Glad to see on this thread sounds like an OK deal. She was offline at 7pm so we'll know around 11am today if this is final. Obviously spinning all the "to do's" in my head but luckily it seems to work for us. Mother in law can watch the dog and PTO can be switched.

Should I request free Princess Plus? Mini suite? Or just take what we got? 🙂

Amelia

• Like 4

This sounds like a pretty standard move-over offer.   Since the replacement cruise works for you, it’s quite nice, isn’t it 😊

Doesnt hurt to ask for an upgrade to a mini.  Are there quite a few available?   Or ask for the Princess Plus, for that matter.   Depends how many they need to move over & how many have already said Yes.  

Enjoy!

Mary

• Like 1

5 hours ago, amelia.bn said:

Princess pays for flight change and fully refunds our booked excursions and specialty dinner reservations

would you need to rebook and pay for those on the new cruise? 

sure, ask for anything - now's the time ... but remember, pigs get feed, and hogs get slaughtered.😉

move-overs are amazing if your schedule can work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In 2018 we were already in England visiting the Cotswolds pre cruise when we got the phone call & email from Princess directly even though the cruise was booked thru Vacations to Go.  We were offered the typical refund to give up the cabin but since we were already across the pond, we asked if instead we could take a lower category cabin.  They agreed and we were able to choose an Oceanview in place of our deck 7 balcony onboard the Pacific Princess and received our full fare in OBC and then refunded after we arrived back in Texas.  Our traveling friends didn't respond quickly enough & every evening at dinner many laughs were had over our best free cruise ever!  Keep hope alive that one day you will be the recipient of such an offer and jump on it quickly!  😊

Edited by texswamper
  • Like 3