NCL SUN Jan 5, 2019 South America Shore Excursions

gracett1

This is old (but not fake 😂) news but in 2010 we took our second ship sponsored excursion in Stanley. I forget the name but it was aboard 4 wheel drive vehicles over/through the bogs to reach the far side of the island where the penguins shared space with grazing cows.  

It wasnt cheap but was one of the best days we’ve ever spent ashore. You walked among the penguins and the cars were driven by locals taking time off from their day jobs. 

Whatever you do in the Falklands and elsewhere, you will have a great cruise-it is still our favorite!

If you have coin collector friends then go into the bank and buy a set of Falkland's coins.  They have them ready for tourists!!!   I bought 3 while there and they were an absolute hit.

Even more important for me was that I could pay for them with UK coins as the currencies are pegged and they use UK coins alongside their own.

FYI £3.80 a set.

My DH & I were on the SUN in March 2017. I booked two penguin tours in the Falklands. One through the ship (Bluff Cove) and the other with Estancia (USD$100 7hrs) to see a large group of King Penguins at Volunteer Point. We received an email saying the family that owned the land you went through to get to Volunteer Point was closed. The ones we saw at Bluff Cove whilst few in number melted my heart.

IMG_6222.JPG