HAL website unusable still

RandyinDEN

1 hour ago, hastinc said:

Hal website does have full deck plans for every ship showing staterooms (not cabins) that can be opened in a second internet explorer tab at the same time and just toggle between them.

image.thumb.png.3d30b477ae606809ba860de2913d9e20.png

image.thumb.png.56d28a137149704b48d2b18b8e59aaff.png

image.png

It is the cabin availability on a the full deck that is no longer available on the new website

. Having the deck plan  to link to on the same page is at least one website improvement, but misses the point -too much clicking to move around these new three-part sliced and diced available cabin pages (fore, aft middle) to also see exactly where in the big picture these cabins are located.  

You do highlight another part of the websites internal inconsistencies - yes, they call ship cabins "rooms" then the lurch into calling the "staterooms" , Surely they could at least clean up that inconsistency, if they insist on their own brand of  arcane  non-traditional maritime nomenclature.

Bring back the full-deck cabin availability pages, Stop this fore-aft-central nonsense ---requires too much interpage clicking. 

When choosing a cabin, HAL's site assumes I want a particular area of the ship, and no other. That's an incorrect assumption. Depending on the ship, my first choice cabin may be in one area, and my second choice in another. When checking availability the site makes me go through all sorts of hoops, clicks, backing out and starting all over again, just to check if a cabin I want is open for me to book.
I'm not putting myself through that hassle.

• Like 4

The site is not usable this morning.  Our cruise in Oct. is listed with price down, but you cannot get in to see if it effects our booking.   I may have caught it in the midst of being updated.   Will check in later.

12 minutes ago, boards said:

The site is not usable this morning.  Our cruise in Oct. is listed with price down, but you cannot get in to see if it effects our booking.   I may have caught it in the midst of being updated.   Will check in later.

It's working fine for me.

Got the 2020 Amsterdam world cruise itinerary on another website, but the HAL website refuses to make this available.  What's with that? Somewhere in the industry, this itinerary has been reported but not to HAL website users?

1 hour ago, OlsSalt said:

Got the 2020 Amsterdam world cruise itinerary on another website, but the HAL website refuses to make this available.  What's with that? Somewhere in the industry, this itinerary has been reported but not to HAL website users?

Well, it shows up on my HAL website: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/W0W128/A010.html

23 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, both DH and I used "find a cruise" yesterday (on Macs) and only website options defaulted us into the remaining 2019 schedule only.  Nothing, not even a choice, for 2020. Odd.

54 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Yes, both DH and I used "find a cruise" yesterday (on Macs) and only website options defaulted us into the remaining 2019 schedule only.  Nothing, not even a choice, for 2020. Odd.

Not at all odd for the HAL website.

Full disclosure: As it is far quicker and more productive finding information on HAL's website using Google, I searched "2020 Amsterdam world cruise". I then just followed the link to the proper page. Knowing that HAL's website does have this page, a few minutes ago I tried finding it using HAL's "filters", going from the very specific and gradually broadening the search to the point of searching only the name of the ship, with absolutely nothing related to the world cruise appearing.

Clearly, the necessary webpage is there, but the IT team hasn't made the necessary linkages to make it "findable" from within the HAL website. Whether that's deliberate or not is another question, but as the cruise has been released to travel agencies, I suspect it's either an oversight or *gasp* a technical glitch.

¯\_()_/¯

• Thanks 2