Cheers from TX Port- Seems odd

2funcruzin

So I am planning on buying the cheers package.  However, it seems if Carnival leaves from a TX port then your Cheers card will not be activated until 6:00 am on day 2.  Now on a 4 day cruise they are charging for 4 full days, but I'm not getting 4 days.  I will only be getting 3 days.  Am I missing something here? Help me to understand this logic please and thank you.

https://www.carnival.com/help/1106

• For those guests who pre-purchase CHEERS!, it will be activated upon boarding the ship (except for ships sailing from Texas and New York). Guests will receive a note in their stateroom advising them to go the bar to receive their sticker which is placed on their Sail & Sign card. In the event guests do not go to their stateroom, once the Sail & Sign card is swiped,  it is flagged and the bartender will provide the sticker. For ships sailing from Texas and New York, CHEERS! will be activated at 6:00am on the second day of the cruise.  

7 minutes ago, JaxsMama said:

Its due to laws in Texas, however you do not pay for cheers the day you get on the ship, you pay a la carte day one.

So you are saying that although they post the prices of the 4 day package that I'll only pay for 3 days not 4?

image.png.9c1c0c135c6b09a66fff1d1cfc45265f.png

11 minutes ago, 2funcruzin said:

So you are saying that although they post the prices of the 4 day package that I'll only pay for 3 days not 4?

image.png.9c1c0c135c6b09a66fff1d1cfc45265f.png

Yes, that chart is a basic guide as most ports sell cheers day one, I think TX and NY are the exceptions. If you add the package to your cart you can see that you will not pay for the first day.  

I have never booked a four day cruise.  However, on a seven day cruise out of Galveston I know for a fact if purchased on-line, prior to the cruise, the price is based on six days plus grats.

Try purchasing it in your Cruise Manager.  You will go through the entire process up to total charge, prior to hitting the Purchase button, and will be able to see clearly what the total charge will be.

If you purchase it, you will be charged a la carte for alcoholic beverages purchased on embarkation day.

6 hours ago, JaxsMama said:

Its due to laws in Texas, however you do not pay for cheers the day you get on the ship, you pay a la carte day one.

This is correct. In fact while in Texas waters all the duty free alcohol of locked up in all the bars. I just happened to be in the red frog pub on the Breeze when when we crossed the magic line when we did the 14 day re-positioning cruise, when we departed Galveston. They stopped all sales  picked up the all Texas bottles and then the bartender went around unlocking all cabinets that had the duty free stuff. I should have asked what was going to happened the unused Texas bottles as the ship isn't going to be sailing to Texas again for the foreseeable future. 

On 1/4/2019 at 10:44 AM, villagenut said:

4 day cruiser out of Texas who purchase Cheers will only be charged for the price of a 3 day cruise.  As was stated, Day 1 is a la carte.

This also applies to cruises departing from Mobile, AL.  Also, if you order a bottle from the Fun Shop, it won't be delivered to your cabin until late in the evening of the day you sail or the next day.

3 hours ago, Garth2 said:

This also applies to cruises departing from Mobile, AL.  Also, if you order a bottle from the Fun Shop, it won't be delivered to your cabin until late in the evening of the day you sail or the next day.

Cheers works day 1 on cruises out of Mobile.  You are just limited to a small list of alcohol the ship purchased from Alabama until midnight when they replace Alabama bottles with the duty free bottles.

On the 12/26/16 sailing, two of my MDR tablemates had Cheers and had to choose from the abbreviated list.  I drank a peach smoothie at the atrium bar and watched them switch out the bottles at midnight.

Edited by Tiger0613