Does Royal Caribbean Offer Road to Hana Tours?

Ramjet1997

3 hours ago, Ramjet1997 said:

We are booked for another Hawaii cruise on Ovation (May 7-19, 2020), and we will be in Maui for 18 hours (8AM-Midnight).

Does anyone know if Royal offers a Road to Hana Tour since the ship is there for 18 hours?  TIA

s.gif
s.gif
Adventure to Hana
Destination: 

Port/City: Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Activity Type: 
Destination Highlights

Approximate Duration: 
9 hour(s) 30 minute(s)  

Prices starting from:
*169.00 USD (Adult)
*139.75 USD (Child)
*0.00 USD (Infant) 
advisement_meals_r.png    activity-level-moderate-blue.png 

Restrictions:  N/A

Please remember you have up to 2 days prior to your sail date to purchase your Royal Caribbean International Shore Excursions online. If you are within the 2 days, you will then need to purchase your Shore Excursions on board. 

*Prices shown above are representative. Dates, times, and prices are subject to change and may not be available for your sailing. To purchase a Royal Caribbean International Shore Excursion, you must already have a reservation number for a cruise and have made a payment towards that reservation. Shore Excursions must be purchased in the same currency as your cruise reservation. Exchange rates are determined by a competitive pricing program and may be subject to change without notice. All monetary exchanges onboard are processed in U.S. Dollars directly to your SeaPass® onboard charge account unless otherwise specified.This tour requires a minimum number of guests in order to operate.
s.gif Shore Excursions
Adventure to Hana - MA06

Ready to reserve this excursion?

cor_findcruisesthatfeatthis.gif
s.gif

s.gif
Discover unspoiled tropical paradise on Maui in charming, serene Hana, a town tucked away on the island's undeveloped east coast. Enjoy a commentated scenic drive across Maui to this laid-back community, making several stops, including one at the gravesite of renowned 20th century aviator Charles Lindbergh. The return route is especially beautiful, along some 30 miles of narrow road that winds between rugged coastline and lush agricultural areas. Tour includes lunch.

Highlights: 
• Hana: Experience the unspoiled beauty and small-town ambience of an isolated east-coast community that remains untouched by major development. 
• Coastal Route: Travel along a narrow winding road on Maui's eastern side that hugs the rugged coastline. 
• Panoramic Island Drive: Cross over the island, stopping at scenic lookouts and the gravesite of aviator Charles Lindbergh. 

What to Bring: 
• Sea Pass card and photo identification 
• Camera 
• Cash/Credit cards 
• Sun protection 

What to Wear: 
• Hat and sunglasses 

Important Notes: 
• Pregnant women and guests with neck/back problems and/or those who suffer from motion sickness should not select tour.
Ready to reserve this excursion?

Thanks, Silver Sweethearts!  I tried to look for our particular 2020 cruise excursions, but they are not listed yet...this is exactly what we are looking for.....now I wonder if it is worth it since it's 9 1/2 hours long.  Some of our RCL excursions have been less than satisfying even at 3-4 hours - lots of apologies from them but this is a looong time....thanks again!

4 hours ago, Ramjet1997 said:

Thanks, Silver Sweethearts!  I tried to look for our particular 2020 cruise excursions, but they are not listed yet...this is exactly what we are looking for.....now I wonder if it is worth it since it's 9 1/2 hours long.  Some of our RCL excursions have been less than satisfying even at 3-4 hours - lots of apologies from them but this is a looong time....thanks again!

As far as we can tell, your ship will be tendering in at Lahaina, Maui.  The drive to Hana and back from Lahaina is, in our opinion, a bit too much for one day.  You will be on the road most of the time.  Maui deserves to be seen close up and not just in passing through the window of a van.  Our opinion once again, but save the road to Hana for a time when you have more time on Maui.

Thanks for your insight, Silver!  I actually drove over to Kahuli the first time we were in Maui, but I was not interested in tackling the drive to Hana as our ship was leaving later that evening.  We will probably just hang in Lahaina - but you never know we may rent a car for the day to see more of the island. We did visit Whalers Village and drove up the Kaanapali coast to Kapalua. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

We did the road to Hana on our own this past Sunday.  It does make for a long day, but you will never see such beautiful landscapes again.  It was breathtaking.  The other thing to consider is fitness level.  My friend and I are in our 40s.  We logged over 15000 steps on my Fitbit and 80 flights of stairs.  However, we stopped as much as we could and took trails.  We went down into the lava tube (which I’m not sure if excursion vans stop at).  The trails at the black sand beach led to spectacular views, but there is a lot of stepping up and down along the trail.

• 2 weeks later...

RCCL will put you in a van with more than likely 10 to 12 other people for this journey to Hana.  This is something that you will enjoy much more if you were to do it yourselves on a land based vacation.    9 hours in a van!!!!  Not a very pleasant way to spend the day.        We will be heading to Australia next year and will be stopping in Maui for a few days and we plan on doing road to Hana at that time as long as we can find a car rental that will allow it.