Boat over to Jost from Tortola

teesmc

Actually the 10 AM ferry to Jost and 2 PM return to West End is perfect! Gives you 3.5 hours on Jost with time to taxi to West End, and time to taxi back to the ship. Not bad at all for a short port visit like yours!

A private charter would be very pricey for your short time and would not give you much more time.

We were just there in November on the Dawn. I chartered a private boat with Ocean Magic Mitch. It took 8 of us to sandy spit, Jost and little jost. It really was a great time. If you can get others on your roll call to join it was about $135 pp. this included the gas and tip. We will definitely do it again.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:23 PM, teesmc said:

Our NCL cruise stops in Tortola for a 9-4 visit.  Anyone know of boat service/taxi to take us to Jost for the day and bring home?  I know about the ferry but don't love the schedule.

TIA

We looked at using daytripsbvi.com

Smaller charter than can take up to 6. You have the whole day to go where you want.  

19 hours ago, teesmc said:

We are actually in Tortola 8-6.  I want more than 3.5 hours on Jost if at all possible:)  

Yes it helps to have your correct port times...

If if you want to spend a short time (1 - 2 hrs) you can take a shared cat like Kuralu that makes a snorkel stop at Diamond Cay or another spot.

Otherwise you can opt for a private charter like the two mentioned.

A third option is a taxi to CGB and a water taxi to Jost. They can drop you in White Bay and pick you up in Great Harbor at Foxy’s, for example...We do that when staying at Myett’s...

On 1/8/2019 at 9:42 AM, blue_water said:

Yes it helps to have your correct port times...

If if you want to spend a short time (1 - 2 hrs) you can take a shared cat like Kuralu that makes a snorkel stop at Diamond Cay or another spot.

Otherwise you can opt for a private charter like the two mentioned.

A third option is a taxi to CGB and a water taxi to Jost. They can drop you in White Bay and pick you up in Great Harbor at Foxy’s, for example...We do that when staying at Myett’s...

@Blue Water Can you please tell me what the taxi will cost to get from the cruise port to west end for 2 adults and one child?  If I just get off the boat and hail a taxi.  Also what is the transit time to get there, about 30 mins? Final question, Can I walk from where the ferry leaves you to the Soggy Dollar or do I need to take a taxi on Jost Van Dyke?  Thanks in advance for the info. 

Edited by jserio2001

On 1/7/2019 at 9:00 PM, hladygirl said:

We were just there in November on the Dawn. I chartered a private boat with Ocean Magic Mitch. It took 8 of us to sandy spit, Jost and little jost. It really was a great time. If you can get others on your roll call to join it was about $135 pp. this included the gas and tip. We will definitely do it again.

We tried Magic Mitch but he was booked, so he referred us to his friend Captain Rudy!  Anyone know him?

3 hours ago, jserio2001 said:

@Blue Water Can you please tell me what the taxi will cost to get from the cruise port to west end for 2 adults and one child?  If I just get off the boat and hail a taxi.  Also what is the transit time to get there, about 30 mins? Final question, Can I walk from where the ferry leaves you to the Soggy Dollar or do I need to take a taxi on Jost Van Dyke?  Thanks in advance for the info. 

$14pp each way per adult, 1/2 fare for kids 10 or under, free for 3 yrs and younger.

You  will need to taxi or walk, would recommend a taxi to save time.

20 min ferry...

You should allow 25 - 30 minutes for the taxi between the pier and the West End ferry, and there should be taxis waiting when the ferry returns to WE.

The Soggy $ in White Bay is walkable from Great Harbor where you are dropped, but it is over a hill and it’s worth spending $5/adult to get there faster and easier by taxi...

• 1 month later...

Did you end up doing this on your own? I have the same itinerary and the cruise line excursion is all booked. I may do the same as you with the 10 oclock ferry and 2 back. shame the boat lands at 8 and cant get an earlier one or a later one as they go from 2 to 5 ...sigh. Thanks

13 hours ago, Pwrmaster7 said:

Did you end up doing this on your own? I have the same itinerary and the cruise line excursion is all booked. I may do the same as you with the 10 oclock ferry and 2 back. shame the boat lands at 8 and cant get an earlier one or a later one as they go from 2 to 5 ...sigh. Thanks

I did not do this on my own, was totally prepared to do it but a spot opened up on the cruise line so I did it that way. The trip by boat and then skiff to the island takes over an hour so I don't think you actually lose that much time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...