Is Seward to ANC for 12:45 pm flight possible?

northwoods2

Looking at flight possibilities for the end our Radiance cruise in July.   Looking at booking private transportation as there will be 8 of us.  Is it too tight to make a 12:45 pm flight?   Itinerary says we dock at 5:00 am but I'm not sure what time we can disembark.   Otherwise we will have to do a red-eye.

Thanks

If you are planning to go by road,  you can probably make it.  However,  if you are late getting off the ship or there is construction or an accident on the single lane road, you will be toast.    Also, you can count on being stuck behind RV drivers going slowly to see the scenery leaving  you no opportunities to pass.  

Google says 2 h 19 minutes but they tend to underestimate travel times in AK.

Is there a later flight that you can take?

DON

I am on Ncl arriving at 5 am but my information is not to book before 2 30 pm, I was looking at 12.55 to Vancouver

having viewded prices on sky scanner I decided to stay night in Anchorage do a Kenai fjord cruise and ger 6 pm train and lunchtime flt next day 

northwoods2:  When we drive to Seward we plan on 2.5 hours from Anchorage to Seward -- assuming  no road construction delays.  And even for a domestic flight you should plan on being at the Anchorage airport two hours early -- some days there are surprisingly long lines to get through security, while other days there will be none.  So that means that you would need to be at the airport at 10:45 AM.

Disembarkation won't start until 6am or 7am. And with just one road to Anchorage from Seward, there's a good chance of a delay. And you will need to be at the airport 2 hours before check in. I think 12:45pm is too early. I would only do that if you are prepared to live the consequences of missing your flight.