8 ships in PEV-best times to arrive at port

Cruisepucks

Hope those more familiar with PEV can give suggestions.

We embark on a day that there are 8 ships in port and will  be driving and parking at the port. We have previously sailed on days when only a few ships were in  port.

Any suggestions as to a better time to arrive to avoid excessively long waits particularly at the port gate?

We've only used the gate at I 595. Would an alternate entry be a better option?

Thanks  for any ideas.

55 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

The lines might be shorter closer to sailing times, because most everyone is already there.  Or very early.

I agree but don't get there too early.  The parking lots and garages need to clear space as the disembarking passengers leave.  They should all be departed NLT than 9:30 am.

Thanks for the responses.

We are travelling from 4 hours north, so we'll arrive after the disembarking passengers have cleared the garages.

Just don't want to get there too late and find the garages are full!

58 minutes ago, Cruisepucks said:

Thanks for the responses.

We are travelling from 4 hours north, so we'll arrive after the disembarking passengers have cleared the garages.

Just don't want to get there too late and find the garages are full!

In all my years of reading posts here and living in South Florida during the high season I've never heard of the garages and/or the parking lots being filled.  So I hope the same is true for you.

I'm pretty sure that more folks arrive via taxi/uber/lyft/shuttle than via private vehicle.  The port has lots of parking spaces (http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/):

• Terminals 2 and 4:
    • Northport garage - 2,500
  • Terminals 19, 21, 22/24, 25, 26, 27 and 29
    • Midport garage - 2,000
  • Terminal 18
    • Parking lot - 600
  • Terminal 19
    • Parking lot - 400

Thanks capriccio

That's reassuring about the parking lots. As of now, the port authority has us scheduled for terminal 19 and we are familiar with the lot that serves it.

Do you think entering the port area via I 595 is the best way to go? That is the route we are familiar with.

I see from the port map that there are other entry points that we could use instead.

1 hour ago, Cruisepucks said:

Thanks capriccio

That's reassuring about the parking lots. As of now, the port authority has us scheduled for terminal 19 and we are familiar with the lot that serves it.

Do you think entering the port area via I 595 is the best way to go? That is the route we are familiar with.

I see from the port map that there are other entry points that we could use instead.

28 minutes ago, BNBR said:

I've never had a delay entering off 595.  I would also shoot for 10AM arrival to the port.

I agree with BNBR just go thru the I595 entrance and by 10 am disembarking passengers will have departed and embarking passengers will only begin to arrive.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the responses.

We entered  the port via the I595 entrance at about 10:15. There was a short line of maybe 10 cars in front of us.

We had no problem finding a parking spot and there were still a few disembarking passengers vacating their spots.

A very smooth embarkation day.