Trusting the Royal App

I notice on the Royal app for our Allure sailing in February is now showing a Muster drill at 5:15 which changed from 4:15. With Royal technology I don't know what to trust. if it will be 5:15 then i would move our dining later so we can enjoy Sail away.  Should I trust the app? Is there somewhere on the website I can see the ship schedule?

Not sure of your itinerary, but the Western Carribean itinerary that departed yesterday has someone doing a live blog on this post, 

I'm sure you could ask the question. We sail on the Eastern Carribean itinerary next week so I can update you when I get back. Both sailings are 4:30 departures.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, StevenClarkNB said:

Thanks Bob. But they do update the App apparently. I just don't know whether to trust it since last week it said 4:15

I have found the information on the App to be unreliable until you are actually on the ship.   It is "in the ballpark" beforehand, but not spot on !!!

Steve

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

I have found the information on the App to be unreliable until you are actually on the ship.   It is "in the ballpark" beforehand, but not spot on !!!

Steve

We found it to not even be reliable while on Symphony. For instance, the app showed that the belly flop contest was on two consecutive days. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mrcar09 said:

Not sure of your itinerary, but the Western Carribean itinerary that departed yesterday has someone doing a live blog on this post, 

I'm sure you could ask the question. We sail on the Eastern Carribean itinerary next week so I can update you when I get back. Both sailings are 4:30 departures.

Thanks! I am doing Eastern on Feb 10th. All the cruise compasses that I can find pre Christmas were also 4:30 sail away (both east and west) I will keep an eye out for your update or from other people. Will keep dining the same for now.  Enjoy your trip.

2 hours ago, tahqa said:

We found it to not even be reliable while on Symphony. For instance, the app showed that the belly flop contest was on two consecutive days. 

The Cruise Critic Meet n Mingle for Harmony on our Jan 20 cruise is for 2 days also.  Not too likely we will have two of them.

6 hours ago, tahqa said:

On Symphony back in December the app was routinely wrong every day in regards to menus and the cruise compass. We learned very quickly that it couldn't be trusted.

I have been looking at the Symphony menus in the app in preparation for our cruise in a few months, and already suspected they might not be accurate.  Glad to have confirmation.  Do you recall examples of how the menus were wrong?  

Thanks!

Brad

I was just looking at the thread I referenced above and the guy said they were at muster while the other ships in port were sailing away. The other boats all left between 4:00 and 4:30 so that seems to confirm the 4:15 muster time everyone else has stated.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ihopfar said:

I have been looking at the Symphony menus in the app in preparation for our cruise in a few months, and already suspected they might not be accurate.  Glad to have confirmation.  Do you recall examples of how the menus were wrong?  

Thanks!

Brad

On Tuesday night they were showing the Sunday night menu on the app. Every night the app would show the incorrect menu for the night. We ended up using the information screens scattered around the ship to look at the menus as those were always correct.

7 hours ago, tahqa said:

On Tuesday night they were showing the Sunday night menu on the app. Every night the app would show the incorrect menu for the night. We ended up using the information screens scattered around the ship to look at the menus as those were always correct.

Were the menus correct just on the wrong night or were they wrong beyond the night?

Thanks!

Brad 

16 hours ago, ihopfar said:

Were the menus correct just on the wrong night or were they wrong beyond the night?

Thanks!

Brad 

They were correct, just on the wrong night. But there is nothing on the app to indicate which night they should be on.