Luggage tags

waterguy631

Never had an actual ticket nor boarding pass nor luggage tags from Windstar.

Once they have our money they seem to ignore us, both before and after the cruise.

I've been waiting a month or so since our last cruise now for a reply to my questions and comments.

Not holding my breath.

After final payment I got a little canvas bag (looks like a school pencil bag) with paper luggage tags and some fancy imitation leather tags. I mentioned it on here before and it sounds like few have ever received it. It was for a 17 day cruise so maybe with the longer cruises they knock themselves out? They have tags at check in and you wait at least 5 minutes to check luggage in anyway so no biggie to get done then.

Edited by Petoonya

Tom, I recall years ago that they issued fancy tags as part of a pre-departure bundle, in a zippered pouch. But they need different colored paper tags for Disembarkation anyway. So if they can save a little money and still (for example) have free espresso drinks in the Yacht Club, I'm all for it! We were given white paper tags at the Tokyo cruise terminal for our recent Embarkation. Windstar is often cited here as a "near-luxury product", after all!

A lot of this conversation seems to be just related to "why is this different now".  Because, for me, I like it when I know all I need to do is show up dockside with my passport and luggage; and I will be welcomed aboard.  That makes me feel more special and a VIP, than "where are your papers".  I may need a ticket for a bus ride, but I should not need a ticket for a limo ride.  Windstar has never made me feel like "just one of the masses".  And I am pleased with that feeling.  I don't need a zippered pouch or luggage tag to feel that way.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 1:30 PM, Del Rio said:

A lot of this conversation seems to be just related to "why is this different now".  Because, for me, I like it when I know all I need to do is show up dockside with my passport and luggage; and I will be welcomed aboard.  That makes me feel more special and a VIP, than "where are your papers".  I may need a ticket for a bus ride, but I should not need a ticket for a limo ride.  Windstar has never made me feel like "just one of the masses".  And I am pleased with that feeling.  I don't need a zippered pouch or luggage tag to feel that way.

This. Just show up. They’ll check you off on their list and hand you luggage bands. All you really need is last name and cabin number and you’re done. Couldn’t be easier. Relax. On WS there are no rules to avoid. They’ll take care of you. 

I agree that it makes sense to do without the paperwork, but they could at least send a predeparture email like the airlines do, with a bit of a welcome and some boarding information.  We had to check here in CC to find out what time we could embark.  There seems to be a strange disconnect between the crew - who can’t do enough for you - and the Windstar HQ who don’t Seem interested in anything other than taking your money.

40 minutes ago, Joolsverne said:

I agree that it makes sense to do without the paperwork, but they could at least send a predeparture email like the airlines do, with a bit of a welcome and some boarding information.  We had to check here in CC to find out what time we could embark.  There seems to be a strange disconnect between the crew - who can’t do enough for you - and the Windstar HQ who don’t Seem interested in anything other than taking your money.

They do. We always get a “things you need to know” email. Your paperwork and online record via mywindstar also shows embarkation and departure times. 

Thank you Milepig, I went back through my documentation and found the embarkation time in small print on page two.  We’ve done a few WS cruises but I don’t remember receiving a ‘things you need to know’ email.  We board Windsurf next Saturday, but nothing at all so far.  Perhaps it might still turn up.

16 hours ago, Joolsverne said:

Thank you Milepig, I went back through my documentation and found the embarkation time in small print on page two.  We’ve done a few WS cruises but I don’t remember receiving a ‘things you need to know’ email.  We board Windsurf next Saturday, but nothing at all so far.  Perhaps it might still turn up.

You havent missed much. Most of it is no brainers like pack insect repellent and don’t forget your passport. 

Edited by milepig