World Cafe or Restaurant?

zitsky

My wife dresses for dinner and likes being served.  Thought the Restaurant would be her home.  Shortly into our 1st VO cruise Homelands she discovered the World Cafe for dinner.  Loves it.  She also loves Chef's Table, my least favorite, but fine with me for a change of pace.  
Second cruise, in the Med, they featured the Pool for open air dining.  Steak & lobster buffet one night.  Loved it.

The difference between the World Cafe open area and the pool deck is the view and feeling that you are part of the port area.  Of course that also depends if there is a view off the aft area.  You can feel the breeze and take in the smells of the area or Restaurant for that free flow feel of eating and experiencing nature.  Each venue has it's 'style'.  There are sometimes lines at the omelette station or gelato but they don't last long and there are other areas i the venue you can peruse until they die down.  I have not had the experience of slow service in the restaurant but I have heard it reported.  I am not one to make a meal an evening, with drinks and appetizers before dinner and then coffee and long conversations afterwards.  Never felt that dinner was a prolonged experience regardless of where we ate.  There was a time or two we might have eaten early but even with a 7:00 or 7:30 meal we were never rushed to make the 9:00 show.