Viking Ocean Cruises

Big Timber

Took the 11 night Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on the Viking Sea in January 2018. Traveled solo since I lost my partner to agent orange in 2016. Phenomenal vessel, crew, cabins, food and fellow passengers. Did not see any LGBT gatherings listed or posted at guest services. Did meet one other older, gay couple on board which was great since I'm older too!! Perhaps any gatherings are dependent upon asking to have one set up and, the number of passengers aboard any particular itinerary who might be interested.

4 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

Took the 11 night Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on the Viking Sea in January 2018. Traveled solo since I lost my partner to agent orange in 2016. Phenomenal vessel, crew, cabins, food and fellow passengers. Did not see any LGBT gatherings listed or posted at guest services. Did meet one other older, gay couple on board which was great since I'm older too!! Perhaps any gatherings are dependent upon asking to have one set up and, the number of passengers aboard any particular itinerary who might be interested.

Thank you for the information.  I have been looking at a transatlantic on the Star next month.  The rates are great for a solo.

4 hours ago, Big Timber said:

Thank you for the information.  I have been looking at a transatlantic on the Star next month.  The rates are great for a solo.

Have a great time - suspect you'll like the Viking Ocean cruise a lot.  Going solo 2/18 on Celebrity for another 11 nighter that includes the ABC ports of call, which I enjoy. At least I did find an old co-worker who wants to join along for 12/2019 and 3/2020 cruises. Does make the prices much better - LOL

On 1/11/2019 at 5:32 PM, PROCRUISE said:

Have a great time - suspect you'll like the Viking Ocean cruise a lot.  Going solo 2/18 on Celebrity for another 11 nighter that includes the ABC ports of call, which I enjoy. At least I did find an old co-worker who wants to join along for 12/2019 and 3/2020 cruises. Does make the prices much better - LOL

Received my IRA account information yesterday reflecting the stock market situation---as a retiree they constitute my resources.  Reason is prevailing so think I will forgo this cruise regrettably.  I already am committed to 2 cruises this year---transpacific in April and Singapore to Sydney in November.  Enjoy your upcoming cruises and thanks again for the information.

1 hour ago, Big Timber said:

Received my IRA account information yesterday reflecting the stock market situation---as a retiree they constitute my resources.  Reason is prevailing so think I will forgo this cruise regrettably.  I already am committed to 2 cruises this year---transpacific in April and Singapore to Sydney in November.  Enjoy your upcoming cruises and thanks again for the information.

Reason is always a good pathway to follow. Yep, the markets can go in either direction. Luckily I also have a significant pension.

Your cruises sound fantastic - Singapore has to be one of my favorite cities in the world. Enjoy!

Edited by PROCRUISE

• 2 weeks later...

BigTimber

Sorry you decided against the TA.  We are aboard Sea from San Juan in March. We did the same TA last year and throughly enjoyed it.  

Viking did not have any specific LGBT gatherings but there were a number of us aboard (10-12?) and found each other. 

I inderstand the impact pact of the stock market as we had been eyeing Viking’s Santiago-Sydney segment of their World Cruise (which was a really good deal) but elected to do the TA instead since it was a quarter of that price after seeing the impact of the TrumpRecession was having on our finances.  

I hope you'll give Viking a try.  We LOVED them. 

On 1/24/2019 at 12:10 PM, Clay Clayton said:

BigTimber

Sorry you decided against the TA.  We are aboard Sea from San Juan in March. We did the same TA last year and throughly enjoyed it.  

Viking did not have any specific LGBT gatherings but there were a number of us aboard (10-12?) and found each other. 

I inderstand the impact pact of the stock market as we had been eyeing Viking’s Santiago-Sydney segment of their World Cruise (which was a really good deal) but elected to do the TA instead since it was a quarter of that price after seeing the impact of the TrumpRecession was having on our finances.  

I hope you'll give Viking a try.  We LOVED them. 

Thank you for your response.  I hope to do a Viking Ocean Cruise in the future.  I am doing another cruise on HAL the end of April so taking on the Viking one 2 months earlier was a bit much.  lol.  Perhaps we'll meet one day on a cruise.  

• Like 1