Shareholder Benefit - when to send in?

cruzinfamilyof4

When should I send in my request for shareholder benefits?  Can I do it more than a month out? or does it have to be done within a certain window? Also, is there a way to email it now or is it still only faxing? DH faxed the information in on a recent cruise, we weren't paying attention, and didn't realize we didn't receive our money. We don't want that to happen again. Thanks!

It depends on the expiration date of the current shareholder credit.  If your cruise is later than July of this year, you have to wait until they renew it.  If it's before expiration you can do it pretty much any time.   But I wouldn't wait until the last minute.  I emailed my request and heard back the next day.

Edited by Valor2005
  • Like 1

I usually send mine in about 4-6 weeks prior to sailing, just to give a little time in case I do something stupid and don't send in the correct pages of my statement.  Used to get approval very quickly (record is 58 minutes after submission); longest it has ever taken was about a week.  I always send via email and get an initial response within hours and then get the follow-up email stating the OBC has been applied.  I make sure to take that email with me when I sail.  Have never had a problem but I just know the one time I don't bring proof, there will be one!

I usually shoot for about a month before. When we sailed last week, I forgot until three days before we left... emailed my proof of holding and had a confirmation of my OBC within three hours. WTG Carnival!

I have sent ours via the email guestadmin@carnival.com three times. Have not heard anything, and it's been two weeks. Our cruise is paid off. DH called them(guest administration) this afternoon. They told him to fax it to them. They don't like to get them via email for security reasons. Have always sent them email. DH is taking it to work and faxing it tomorrow. We don't have a fax at home.

On 1/14/2019 at 5:02 PM, crusing48/51 said:

I have sent ours via the email guestadmin@carnival.com three times. Have not heard anything, and it's been two weeks. Our cruise is paid off. DH called them(guest administration) this afternoon. They told him to fax it to them. They don't like to get them via email for security reasons. Have always sent them email. DH is taking it to work and faxing it tomorrow. We don't have a fax at home.

I was told by my PVP to not email it over a year ago (which I have mentioned here as well on several occasions). I use FreeFax (an Internet website) as I don't have a fax machine either and it works like a champ.

I usually fax it in several weeks before.  I always take copies of the fax confirmation and sheet showing the shares.  Once it did not get applied to my account.  I went to guest services, they copied everything and had to contact Miami.  It took two days, but they did get it applied.