cruising New Orleans

Crusingdiva62

If you are cruising from New Orleans this upcoming Monday there is a traffic advisory due to Trump speaking at some event.

TRAFFIC ALERT

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

JANUARY 14, 2019

January 10, 2019

Dear Carnival Triumph Guest,

We have just been informed that President Trump will be visiting New Orleans on Monday, January 14, 2019. As a result, there will be numerous street closures and heavier than normal traffic in and around the city.

Please allow ample time to commute to the cruise terminal and arrive within your pre-selected Arrival Appointment. In preparation for final boarding and departure, all guests must be on board the ship no later than 60 minutes prior to the published sailing time.

We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard for a FUN and memorable cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

D Waiters Signature New

Denese Waiters

Sr. Director, Guest Services - Contact Centers

Plan to arrive early.  The President will be speaking at the Farm Bureau convention being held at the Convention Center, which is right in front of the cruise terminal.  Hopefully the convention will be held on the side of the Convention Center opposite Henderson Street.  There is also road construction taking place on Convention Center Blvd, so that area is already a mess.

I haven't seen an official schedule, but it looks like he might be at the Convention from 11:15am-12:45pm.  Typically, he lands at MSY and will use I-10/US90 to get to the Convention Center. 

Edited by MINILvr

Hopefully the OP will post to their roll call as well.  Oftentimes. Carnival notices are not received by everyone, they go to an old email address or into a spam folder.

Extra time to get to the cruise port, especially for those going through MSY, would be key.

7:45 am. Things are looking pretty normal. Self assist debarkation has begun. Traffic is flowing. I heard convention center blvd is closed so if you’re parking at Fulton they probably have you going in the rear entrance. I heard they are closing down I10 when he travels to/from the airport.

61e0130cc27ffa337967b9d921b6240c.jpg

685425fcf4de93fdabb6e4a0bf870b7d.jpg

Convention center blvd is not completely closed at this time. They do have police at each corner directing traffic. As suspected Fulton parking is in the rear of the garage off of south peters street. Doesn’t look like any issues getting to the garage.