FIRST TIME IN A SUITE

Banditdog

8 hours ago, cflutist said:

Did you check the Presto box on the laundry slip?

We had same day laundry and two bottles of water per day on the Grand in July 2018 and the Majestic in September 2018.

Out by 9am, returned that evening.

Same! We were on the Grand in september. Our room steward was not great in many ways, but I told him our suite includes same day. He tried to tell me if I checked same day I would get charged. Nope! Every day the laundry was charged and then deducted. Water bottles were always left in the evening. 

Hello everyone;  we had aft penthouse suite on Caribbean Princess for our 16 Feb 2019 sailing.  We used same day laundry service twice;  our cabin steward took it for us and had it returned by 6pm same night; the price was charged to folio; then deducted. Our cabin steward made sure we had two new water bottles in suite every day.  On the ocean concierge app on our ship; it lists the enhanced benefits of the suite; and two things  I remember was 2 bottles of water and also ordering room service from the app.  There is a room service menu in your suite; and then there is an additional menu for suite guests

The suite benefits mention “complimentary umbrellas”. Are these on loan for the duration of the cruise? Or do you just request them as you need them? Can you take them home with you (without beig charged)? 

14 minutes ago, Dani24 said:

The suite benefits mention “complimentary umbrellas”. Are these on loan for the duration of the cruise? Or do you just request them as you need them? Can you take them home with you (without beig charged)? 

Depends on the ship. We found umbrellas in the closet on the Pacific and the Majestic, but not on the Star, or the Grand the 3 times we were on her, one of which was to Alaska where it rained, lol. They are large umbrellas (like golf umbrellas) so we just left them in the closet when we disembarked.

22 minutes ago, Dani24 said:

Supposed to be in the closet.

On Princess, no problem with bringing all the soda and water you want to on board. For pre-cruise orders only you can order a 12 bottle (500 ml) case for $6.90. If you don't pre-order through your Cruise Personalizer or find that you needed more than a case, you can get it from cabin service. Trouble with that is it costs $2.00 per bottle. Found that one out the hard way.

With respect to full suites and water, what happened on our last Princess cruise, for a month, we decided to preorder two 12 bottle cases. Got on board, found the two cases okay but after a few days our room steward had us awash in water. What I neglected to read, was that our cabin received up to three free bottles a day. You see, we had my wife's sister with us so we got our first full suite ever. All the free water was part of the package. Good on our room steward though, he had them credit us for the cases.      

1 hour ago, cflutist said:

Depends on the ship. We found umbrellas in the closet on the Pacific and the Majestic, but not on the Star, or the Grand the 3 times we were on her, one of which was to Alaska where it rained, lol. They are large umbrellas (like golf umbrellas) so we just left them in the closet when we disembarked.

I didn’t think to ask about size, but thank you for mentioning it! Since we’re going to Alaska, and have a suite, I’m trying to decide if it’s worth toting along our own umbrellas. Knowing that they’re large, I’ll probably still bring a couple of compact ones that we can take with us on shore if needed. 

10 hours ago, Dani24 said:

Dani24;  we had two umbrellas in our closet for the suite.  It never rained; so we didn't need them; however they are in the closet