Ventura larger balcony cabins

Les_ldh

I’m looking to book a Superior Deluxe Balcony cabin on Ventura. Am I correct in thinking that deck D are standard balcony cabins with larger than standard balconies, and deck D are Superior Deluxe cabins with larger than standard balconies? Do all Superior Deluxe have the larger balconies, or do some have standard sized ones? I am aware that the larger balconies are partially overlooked, but is there anything else I need to be aware of before I make my selection?

Les.

12 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

I'm looking to book a Superior Deluxe Balcony cabin on Ventura. Am I correct in thinking that deck D are standard balcony cabins with larger than standard balconies, and deck D are Superior Deluxe cabins with larger than standard balconies? Do all Superior Deluxe have the larger balconies, or do some have standard sized ones? I am aware that the larger balconies are partially overlooked, but is there anything else I need to be aware of before I make my selection?

Well done to those of you who spotted my deliberate mistake lol.

It Should read Deck C are Standard and Deck D are Superior.

Les.

14 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

Les.

Well yes........

D deck balconies are about the same as A & B. Even though they are bigger cabins (mini-suites on Princess). C deck balcony cabins have the double depth balconies.

22 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

Les.

We spent forever looking at these for our cruise on Ventura.

I am pretty sure that the C deck balcony cabins are larger than the regular ones but they will look down on the large D deck cabins below. On D deck at least you look down on the water but you have little or no privacy

We chose D114 and I hated it ! It was too close to the front of the ship and the Bridge was right above us which often cast a shadow.

If you are a non smoker avoid the front of D deck as there is a smoking room vent beneath these cabins. Could smell it even on a sea day and that was the non smoking side of the ship !!!

Also it was so windy at the front and even in August cold at times

Re the cabin - personally I found it too dark as the bed was away from the window so preferred to not have the separate area. It was not worth the cost for us.

We are on Azura in April and have chosen an aft corner cabin for no where near the cost and are really looking forward to it :-)

PS If I had the choice between C deck or D deck I would go with C deck

Edited by Presto2

36 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

Thanks daiB and Presto, so I’m wrong D Deck don’t have larger balconies and the whole balcony is overlooked. So do any Superior Deluxe on the ship have larger balconies?

Les.

No superior balconies have larger balconies and they are all overlooked. D deck and C deck cabins have the same overall floor space. Basically the balcony doors on D deck are further forward to accommodate the additional settee area in a superior balcony cabin. The extra balcony space is because there are no settee areas on C deck cabins.

Thanks for all the replies. I think to get what we’re looking for, which is more cabin and balcony space, it’s back to the drawing board and look at the suites. If anyone has any recommendations on those (and any to avoid) they would be welcome.

Les.

1 hour ago, Tom Baker said:

No superior balconies have larger balconies and they are all overlooked. D deck and C deck cabins have the same overall floor space. Basically the balcony doors on D deck are further forward to accommodate the additional settee area in a superior balcony cabin. The extra balcony space is because there are no settee areas on C deck cabins.

Sorry that is wrong the D deck cabins with the balcony are longer than the C deck cabins + balcony. Overall they are longer by th depthof the D deck balconies.

57 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

Thanks for all the replies. I think to get what we’re looking for, which is more cabin and balcony space, it’s back to the drawing board and look at the suites. If anyone has any recommendations on those (and any to avoid) they would be welcome.

Les.

The Suites on R deck have a balcony which is overhung and some of them suffer from noise from the open deck above. 

The stern suites have a varity of balcony sizes but all a good size. We tend to go for the corner ones. The cabins are all very similar in layout. 

9 minutes ago, daiB said:

The Suites on R deck have a balcony which is overhung and some of them suffer from noise from the open deck above. 

The stern suites have a varity of balcony sizes but all a good size. We tend to go for the corner ones. The cabins are all very similar in layout. 

Thanks daiB, I thought that might be the case with the R deck suites. Do the A deck aft suites suffer from noise from the Terrace pool above? So far I think I’m favouring one of the Deck C or D aft suites.

Les.

1 minute ago, Les_ldh said:

Thanks daiB, I thought that might be the case with the R deck suites. Do the A deck aft suites suffer from noise from the Terrace pool above? So far I think I’m favouring one of the Deck C or D aft suites.

Les.

A deck at the stern is under the Epicurean restaurant and so tends to be quiet. However we always go for The D deck corner suites if we are having one.

24 minutes ago, daiB said:

Sorry that is wrong the D deck cabins with the balcony are longer than the C deck cabins + balcony. Overall they are longer by th depthof the D deck balconies.

Just found the actual dimensions.

A standard balcony is 212 sq. ft.

A C deck standard balcony is 257 sq. ft. The larger balcony is 9ft x 9ft. Of which 5ft is covered.

A D deck cabin is 323 sq. ft.

All of the above figures are cabin + balcony.

5 minutes ago, daiB said:

A deck at the stern is under the Epicurean restaurant and so tends to be quiet. However we always go for The D deck corner suites if we are having one.

3 minutes ago, daiB said:

Just found the actual dimensions.

A standard balcony is 212 sq. ft.

A C deck standard balcony is 257 sq. ft. The larger balcony is 9ft x 9ft. Of which 5ft is covered.

A D deck cabin is 323 sq. ft.

All of the above figures are cabin + balcony.

Thank you once again daiB, once again your level of knowledge amazes me.

I hope we don’t end up booking one you had your eye on! 😉

Les.

45 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

Thank you once again daiB, once again your level of knowledge amazes me.

I hope we don’t end up booking one you had your eye on! 😉

Les.

Mine are all booked.  🙂  😉

If you are looking for a large balcony on Ventura you can't go wrong with the aft suites on A deck namely A750 the Strathmore and A751 the Strathnaver. We stayed in A750 and would not hesitate to have the same accommodation again. Very quiet and peaceful location with a massive balcony including a table with four chairs two sunloungers and room to spare. BTW not overlooked at all, total privacy. We have also stayed in Superior Deluxe on D deck on Azura and there is no comparison. 

Edited by Rupert2251
Add to

9 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

If you are looking for a large balcony on Ventura you can't go wrong with the aft suites on A deck namely A750 the Strathmore and A751 the Strathnaver. We stayed in A750 and would not hesitate to have the same accommodation again. Very quiet and peaceful location with a massive balcony including a table with four chairs two sunloungers and room to spare. BTW not overlooked at all, total privacy. We have also stayed in Superior Deluxe on D deck on Azura and there is no comparison. 

Thanks Rupert, that’s very useful to know.

Les.