Just got off Symphony today - any questions?

My wife and I were on the same sailing.  Lines for slides and such definitely ebbed and flowed, sometimes really long and sometimes not.  Even on sea days.  I couldn't determine any real pattern outside of meal times.  I did the Ultimate Abyss once and probably won't ever do it again.  I'm 6'3" and I think I'm too tall for the mats they provide you to slide down on.  To have my feet in the front, hold the rope loop in my hands, and have my rear on the back of the mat I ended up in an awkward position that left me afraid I was going to hit my head the entire way down.

I'll also second the Wonderland happy hour.  Two drinks for $15 when they're normally $13 each.  And they're all very inventive and something you're not going to get anywhere else.

13 hours ago, parsec0298 said:

I did the Ultimate Abyss once and probably won't ever do it again.  I'm 6'3" and I think I'm too tall for the mats they provide you to slide down on.  To have my feet in the front, hold the rope loop in my hands, and have my rear on the back of the mat I ended up in an awkward position that left me afraid I was going to hit my head the entire way down.

I think my DH was at the top of the comfortable height- 6’1.5”

3 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

Did they have the NFL playoffs on at Playmakers?

Yes, and many other places as well, as well as the college national championship.  The other places I saw them showing the games were the Aqua Theater and On Air, but I think there were more.  I was actually kind of annoyed because I felt like they canceled some other events they normally have in order to do this.  But what can I say, I'm a Denver fan and the last three years have not been kind to us.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:09 AM, perfect match said:

What time was the late seating in the MDR? Lately, the time once we are on board is different from what was in our reservation. That messes up our carefully planned show reservations. It's a first world problem for sure, but annoying when I've taken the time to book our shows in advance.

Also, what day and time was iSkate held? 

iSkate was on Day 6 at 7:30 pm and 9:30 pm and on Day 7 at 5:00 pm

2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Did you have a Headliner show ontop of the ones you could book?

No, there was not a headliner show. 

They did have some shows that were "no reservations" that were advertised in the daily Compass during the cruise:

iSkate in the Studio B skating rink

2 "Last Laugh Comedy Shows" on the last night in the Royal Theater (early one for all ages, late one for adults only)

Aqua Nation in the aqua theater

iSkate and both of the comedy shows were very good and I highly recommend!  We didn't get to attend Aqua Nation because the one we planned to attend was cancelled due to weather and we didn't manage to catch one of the other showings.

• Thanks 1

There were elements of Flight that were headliner like.  That show included renditions of several popular songs, though the only one I can remember right now was "Uptown Funk".  Though to call Flight a headliner show would be underselling it.

19 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Did they have sugar free red bull in the theater?

I never asked for sugar free, but if they have it on the ship at all they'll have it in the theater.

1 minute ago, libertybelle41 said:

Do they still do the Newlywed game in the theater? 

When do they do the happy hour at Wonderland?  

Yes, the Love and Marriage show was in the theater.  This last week the newlywed couple had been married for 2 days.  When asked what the strangest place was where they had "done the deed" they answered in the elevator..... on the ship.  The next day I shared a glass elevator with another couple and I overheard them saying "Well it couldn't have been one of these."  I just looked at them and said "I know exactly what you're referring to," and we had a good laugh.

Happy hour at Wonderland is 5:00 - 7:00, same as Hooked.

34 minutes ago, parsec0298 said:

I never asked for sugar free, but if they have it on the ship at all they'll have it in the theater.

Yes, the Love and Marriage show was in the theater.  This last week the newlywed couple had been married for 2 days.  When asked what the strangest place was where they had "done the deed" they answered in the elevator..... on the ship.  The next day I shared a glass elevator with another couple and I overheard them saying "Well it couldn't have been one of these."  I just looked at them and said "I know exactly what you're referring to," and we had a good laugh.

Happy hour at Wonderland is 5:00 - 7:00, same as Hooked.

Haha, Thanks!