11:10 flight from MIA after cruise

lindalo5032

I would take it.  I've generally been home by 7:30 - 8:00AM and I live 30 minutes past the airport.  Just do self-disembark around 7AM and hop in a cab.  Easy to make it.

If there is a significant delay, you could miss your flight.  But isn't that just how life goes?  Significant delays are rare.

For an 11:10 flight you need to be at the airport by about 9:50 and earlier is better.  The ride from POM to MIA takes about 15-20+ min.  That translates into off the ship and clear of customs and immigration by about 9:00.  Should be no problem. 😎

Yes you probably can , however 1st hand experience Jan. 5. Our Bliss sailing was delayed due to an 8 year old going into Cardiac Arrest. Ship had to return to Bahamas on Friday night. Couldn't airlift him from ship.

Bliss didn't arrive to POM until 9:30 a.m. and disembarkation didn't start until after 10:00. I'm guessing very few if any made a morning flight, noon MAYBE.

On the 12 Miami TSA agents were calling in sick , which caused shutdown of Terminal B . 

Yes it is highly unusual , however it can/does happen. I guess it depends how one deals with stress and the added expense of flight changes. Getting a seat on a different flight is the challenge as more often than not they are full.

BTW the 8 year old boy is doing better in a Miami hospital waiting on surgery. His mother posted the story.

Edited by beerman2

Of course I would disagree.  Apparently, so does John.

You are pointing out a highly unusual scenario, as you admitted.  Who plans based on highly unusual scenarios?  Planes break down, cars get in crashes, trains run over pedestrians, cruise ships have engine explosions and come in 3 days late.  Would you plan your return home based on the highly unusual scenario of your ship showing up a full day late?  Book flights no sooner than 1 week after your scheduled return?  What is the cutoff then?  Maybe your ship returned at 7PM and your story would be about how you wouldn't book a flight the same day....

You plan based on typical scenarios with a reasonable buffer.  If something tragic or highly unusual happens, you put on your big boy pants, walk up to the airline counter, and request the next available flight.....

All those passengers on Bliss - how many do you think DIDN'T make it home yet?  I would wager 100% of them still managed to get home just fine even with the delay and missed flights.

Edited by BNBR

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

We have booked a 12:10 flight and I am concerned that we might not make it!

I would never book an 11AMish flight after a cruise.

Unless something goes very wrong and delays the ship's arrival or processing you will have LOTS of time to kill at MIA.  Don't worry - order another margarita and relax! :classic_cool: