Excursion in Seward with Anchorage airport drop off

takemeaway2008

Looking at booking the 11 hour Seward excursion (Celebrity)  of the fjord which will then drop us at the airport in Anchorage. Has anyone done this? I'm assuming its bus transportation which should be about 3 hours? Then we were going to book a flight out at 2;30 AM.

Can anyone tell me if this plan will work? 

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, takemeaway2008 said:

Looking at booking the 11 hour Seward excursion (Celebrity)  of the fjord which will then drop us at the airport in Anchorage. Has anyone done this? I'm assuming its bus transportation which should be about 3 hours? Then we were going to book a flight out at 2;30 AM.

Can anyone tell me if this plan will work? 

Thanks! 

Doesn't the Celebrity WEB site tell you when you get back to Anchorage?

DON

May I suggest you look at the train from Seward departing 6 pm arriving Anchorage about10 30pm taxi or shuttle to airport

major marine has 6 hour tour to Kenai Fjord 11.30 departure ( return by 5.30 pm)

five minute walk to shuttle to train

bags can be booked at train depot before Kenai fjord tour

6 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Doesn't the Celebrity WEB site tell you when you get back to Anchorage?

DON

Not specifically. I will get a hold of them today. It's an 11 hour excursion and says that it's only for people with an 11 pm flight or later or staying at a hotel. I thought I read 'meet at 10 am' somewhere but I can't find that again. It;s a 5 hour boat tour. 

Trying to find out if we are cramming too much in. 

2 hours ago, tjar13 said:

May I suggest you look at the train from Seward departing 6 pm arriving Anchorage about10 30pm taxi or shuttle to airport

major marine has 6 hour tour to Kenai Fjord 11.30 departure ( return by 5.30 pm)

five minute walk to shuttle to train

bags can be booked at train depot before Kenai fjord tour

Thank you for the suggestion. I shall look. The thing about the excursion is that is was one easy all together package that includes a buffet. I think the train is over $100 ? 

Before you book 

do your research

look at major marine tours 5 hour v 6 hour  ,  6 hour tour has buffet lunch as extra

consider train v bus 

compare prices   

Ships use use local tours and add their bit on top

i am on Jewel early July into Seward

my plan is a leasurly breakfast drop bags at rail depot( via free shuttle) wander around boat harbour and get 6 hour major marine tour with buffet lunch then enjoy a relaxing train ride to Anchorage for onignt hotel for following day flt to vancouver

i have done a lot of research 

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, ChrisC433 said:

We are doing the 7.5 tour with Major Marine tours.  We arrive in Anchorage at 10-10:15.  Would the 1:05 am flight be doable??

As long as you are at the airport by 11pm you'll be fine. If you are arriving in Anchorage via the Alaska Railroad, it'll be about a 15 minute taxi ride from the rail depot downtown out to the airport.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:01 AM, takemeaway2008 said:

It;s a 5 hour boat tour. 

If you are planning a 2:30 AM flight...then you have WAY more time than just a 5 hour boat tour. Please read about what you will see with that 5 hour boat tour. IIRC, you need to get beyond 5 hours to get out of Resurrection Bay. Resurrection Bay is lovely, but it is beyond the bay that you really see coastal glaciers. The longer boat tour is where you will get out into the Fjords of the National Park.

Allen Marine does other Celebrity tours...IDK if they are the provider for your tour, but you could easily check out their website to see the difference in the tours for the different lengths. There are other providers too so you could see about the pricing / time / sights trade offs.

I understand your desire to have an all in one package...but I really believe you are short changing your touring opportunity and time available with your current plan.