P & O internet packages

Bathcruiser

Not used the packages yet but got a 3 week cruise in March. Also need to be able to be in touch work wise. On that basis the cost is the cost. The bill will be paid by the company so not concerned over the price. 

Purchased 2 weeks internet while on the Ventura for Christmas.  I purchased for the full trip enabling me to check emails and send staff salaries as normal throughout as well as visiting web pages.  The cost was £10 per day but if you pick and choose your days it is £12.50 per 24 Hours.

The speed has improved since last time onboard but do not expect very fast speeds. Again as other poster said I put this down to the business.

If you contact P&O before the cruise the price is the same so just as easy to do itas soon as you board.

If you only need to contact the office every fourth day, as you pay a fixed amount for each 24 hour period during which you make any use of the Internet that will reduce the cost a good bit. Also if you buy a 24-hour period starting at say 1 pm,  you will be able to use the service on the afternoon of that day and the morning of the following day, which should help.

To use email (+ web browsing) rather than be restricted to just social media, you will need the intermediate package, which IIRC is £12.95 per 24 hour period.

I am going on the Azura in February and have just purchased the browsing package for the 14 days which I understand is the middle package.  I can browse internet, send emails and use social media - whatsapp etc but can't stream films or songs.  It says in the cruise personaliser that its up to 20% cheaper to prebook and I have just paid £122 (£8.71 per day) - which appears to be slightly cheaper.  Still expensive but I prefer the peace of mind so am happy with that.

21 hours ago, ZZRLAD said:

Not used the packages yet but got a 3 week cruise in March. Also need to be able to be in touch work wise. On that basis the cost is the cost. The bill will be paid by the company so not concerned over the price. 

We chose the Mid Package at £10/per 24 hour day for our 14 day cruise.  This satisfies our communication needs but does not include downloading movies etc.  A reminder, should you pre book your internet requirements with P&O prior to sailing, any available ship board credit cannot be used in its payment. 

We purchased the middle package a week in,  on our transatlantic caribbean cruise. Couldn't use Messenger to video chat or even just talk, so  conversed with family on Christmas day typing messages. Yes it was worth it for us. Booked a doctor's appt online for our return..rather than wait until we got back and then trying to book one. Could do emails and surf the web. 

Hi everybody, I have some on board credit I would like to use to book the internet package  What are the steps to purchase it while onboard?  Can you do it from your room or do you have to go to guest services?  Thanks for the help.

Sandra

7 hours ago, smarks said:

Hi everybody, I have some on board credit I would like to use to book the internet package  What are the steps to purchase it while onboard?  Can you do it from your room or do you have to go to guest services?  Thanks for the help.

Sandra

I buy an internet package in advance for every cruise at £10 per day which is the middle package. I use it for my blog mainly, internet browsing, emails and social media and find I can use it pretty much all over the ship. It is slow to upload photos and you cannot stream at all in my experience. It is nothing like the fibre-optic connection you may have at home, but much better than it used to be. 

If you want to buy an internet package with your onboard credit, the best thing to do is go to the library where the librarian / internet manager will sort you out