Half moon cay PRIVATE OASIS

dramaqueenjan

For those that have rented the Oasis how was your experience? Is it worth the price? The Excursion Says 5 hours.. we are in Port for 8 hours but I know an hour is getting on and getting off. Do they make you leave after the five hours if you still have time in Port ? Thank you

Edited by dramaqueenjan
Spelling

My wife and I did it a couple of years ago.  We were part of a group of folks we met online.  12 of us pitched in and split the day.  We thought it was great.  I think it broke down to about $275 per couple.  I really like the private cook and bar.  It was also nice being off with our small group.  It was quite a bit of money for one day.  I don't remember but I'm pretty sure we were there longer than 5 hours.  We were on the first tender in the morning and didn't have to leave until the end of the day.  I do think that the bar/food service may have ended after 5 hours.  The hot tub wasn't working on the day we were there and they gave us a partial refund after one of our group talked to guest services on the ship.

I think it was worth the money for the day.  I'm not sure I'd want to do it every time I cruise but it was certainly a great time.  Easy access to the snorkel stuff and other floats and stuff was pretty nice.

I have done it three times.  So totally worth it.  If you were considering a cabana anyways, definitely consider this.  Having a private bathroom, a cook, a bartender and a host at your disposal is a great luxury.  I will confess to them bringing drinks down to the waters edge for us many a time!  

If if you don’t have a group you can always reach out to your roll call to see if some might want to split it with you.

I've had it twice - the first time , it was booked by a friend in our roll call and we all chipped in.  I think there were about a dozen of us.   It was fabulous and a great time was had by all!

The second time, when DH and I were taking our daughters to HMC for the first time, I specifically booked a sailing that still had the Private Oasis available and then bought it (the PO) immediately, because it was that important to us that we have it.  That time, it was just the 4 of us plus two of our friends.  It was more space and more food than we needed for just six of us, obviously, but it was still fabulous.  Well worth it to us.

Yes, we were on the first tender.  That comes with the excursion.  And we had it from the moment we set foot on the island until the last tender.  Our server and cook and housekeeper and bartender all left at some point close to the end of the day (it feels like it was longer than 5 hours that we had them, though), but they left us with several unopened soft drinks and beers as well as some of our food - maybe just the whole fruits, I think.