Question About Specialty Dining & Children (Kids Eat Free)

lonzwinery

Hello,

My wife, sons, and I will be on the Bliss in March. My wife and I have the 3-night specialty dining package, however, when booking the reservation, the agent from Norwegian recommended that we DO NOT buy separate specialty dining packages for my boys (8 and 10) since they will be able to eat free.

Does anyone have experience with "kids eat free" in the specialty dining restaurants? For example, can they order off the menu, or do they have a separate menu for kids? I'm happy to buy separate packages for each of them, but just thought I'd check with the group. I'll probably call and confirm, too, but just thought I'd ask for any first-hand experiences 🙂

My apologies if this question has already been asked. I searched the forum, and a TON of results came back for "specialty dining kids eat free," and I didn't see any concrete answers (I know a lot of people tend to get very upset when the same question has been asked, so my apologies!).

Thanks!

Edited by lonzwinery
paragraph formatting
  • Haha 1

Great place to start is always the NCL website:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/family-cruises/cruise-dining-and-entertainment

"So many cuisines to choose from! Make dinner on every night of your cruise a delicious adventure at one of our Specialty Restaurants. Kids 12 and under eat free from the complimentary kids' menu at all specialty restaurants. Excludes dinner and a show dining events."

This is NOT the Specialty menu

Edited by esm54687
  • Like 1

Our son normally orders off the kids menu in Le Bistro and Cagneys.  He loves Teppanyaki, so we just pay for him out of pocket there.  We were debating adding a plan for him since he's 11 now and we have 4 nights of dining in March, but I don't think the 3 or 4 night packages are good prices (or that he would eat enough to justify it).  He's still a crazy picky eater, so I imagine he'll still be ordering off the kids menu.  Have fun on Bliss!  I'm really hoping we get to try that ship someday!

My advice is to not buy separate packages for your 8 and 10-year-olds, as it is unlikely they will eat enough to justify the cost. They can order off the MDR kids menu for free. If they do want to try some of the real specialty dining food, you can just pay for it a la carte (unless eating at Teppanyaki or Moderno). 

4 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Great place to start is always the NCL website:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/family-cruises/cruise-dining-and-entertainment

"So many cuisines to choose from! Make dinner on every night of your cruise a delicious adventure at one of our Specialty Restaurants. Kids 12 and under eat free from the complimentary kids' menu at all specialty restaurants. Excludes dinner and a show dining events."

This is NOT the Specialty menu

that did not help, but....thanks

4 minutes ago, cathi007 said:

that did not help, but....thanks

Not sure what you wanted....     a link to the complimentary kids' menu??

I provided:

1) Concrete confirmation that "specialty dining kids eat free" with link to NCL -  when the OP mentioned they couldn't find concrete answers

2) Kids 12 and under eat free off complimentary kids' menu (which can be found by doing a simple Google search)

3) I clearly said it is NOT the Specialty menu

4) Post #3 mentioned only 2 complimentary items but it seems you were satisfied with that info without concrete confirmation that the menu actually exists

5) Post #4 mentions kids menu but not that it is complimentary but you seem to be satisfied with that piece missing

6) Post #5 mentions a MDR kid's menu but how does this work in the Specialty Restaurant but you seem to be satisfied with that piece not clarified.

But hey ......  seeing my post was #2 and so far no one has said anything different makes me wonder why mine deserved to be singled out.  The only thing I see is the ones you are silent about are all women.  Weird.