Booking Question

Countrygurl

Planning a girls' trip in the fall.  Right now 3 of us are committed.  We are confident we will have a fourth, and possibly more.  Is it possible to book 2 cabins on a Carnival cruise now, with only the names of the 3 who are committed and then add other persons over the next few months?  

One thing to realize is that there is also a thing called maximum ship capacity, which can be reached even if not all the spaces in the rooms are filled. This is because there are more sleeping spaces in rooms than ship capacity. They do this to allow flexibility for booking. If they didn’t, than any time someone books a room and doesn’t fill it (such as the case of a solo person), they would have a empty spot. So, you can go ahead and do this, but just know that the ship could sell out before you add the other people to the rooms. In which case you won’t be able to. 

Book now as past guest so you can back out without penalty if the questionable person does not go. If you book online Carnival will label the second guest as "TBA" and you can add later or cancel the cruise if they don't commit. You can always change to early saver later when there is a firm commitment.

10 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Book now as past guest so you can back out without penalty if the questionable person does not go. If you book online Carnival will label the second guest as "TBA" and you can add later or cancel the cruise if they don't commit. You can always change to early saver later when there is a firm commitment.

This is what I would do right now, also. I have two cabins booked on our Thanksgiving Cruise. However, I am not 100% sure that my mom and older daughter will be taking the cabin so I booked “past guest” and will either cancel it if they back out or offer it to other family members (got it at a great price). 

I booked a 4 person room online past guest and Carnival only took my my name down and automatically labeled the other three as "TBA" . This works good for me because I never know which of my two kids will go.

One thing I would consider is who is going to eat that other cost if the person doesn't show up. All rooms are booked at double occupancy rate. So that 4th person will have to be "paid for" whether they show or not. If you're all good splitting it, or one person will pick it up, no sweat. I've seen far too many people burned on here though by a TBD party.

Thank you all.  I am 100% not worried about having the 4th person.  More concerned we will have a 5th person who wants to go.  Think I will take the advice and book as "TBA".    October is so far away but there is nothing like the excitement of booking your next cruise!  Except, I guess, actually boarding your next cruise!!