VIFP Number on Documents

919Florida

I leave on Carnival Liberty tomorrow. I just printed all my documents and I noticed in the corner it said VIFP level blue. I am not blue, I am actually gold. I also notice the number next to it is not my number. But my name, birthdate and everything else is all correct. I also am careful to go over the passport details and names etc but never thought to look at VIFP number. I really would like to get my gold pin and gold room card on the ship because I collect them and display it in a photo box. I also want the credit for this cruise. Do you think when I get on the ship I will be able to get them to change it or am I tough out of luck with this? Just curious what I should do. Thank you so much

2 minutes ago, 919Florida said:

I leave on Carnival Liberty tomorrow. I just printed all my documents and I noticed in the corner it said VIFP level blue. I am not blue, I am actually gold. I also notice the number next to it is not my number. But my name, birthdate and everything else is all correct. I also am careful to go over the passport details and names etc but never thought to look at VIFP number. I really would like to get my gold pin and gold room card on the ship because I collect them and display it in a photo box. I also want the credit for this cruise. Do you think when I get on the ship I will be able to get them to change it or am I tough out of luck with this? Just curious what I should do. Thank you so much

You will need to correct it onboard.  I had the same issue but fixed it before boarding.  For some reason, after 23 cruises, I started getting great offers under a new VIFP number.  I took the offer , they honored it but did correct my account.

• Like 1

You don't want to waste your vacation time waiting in some long line .Get it corrected before you board !!!   Don't waste any more time here . Get on the phone with Carnival  ASAP ! 

Edited by BoDidly
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, 919Florida said:

Thank you so much I will print another screen to prove the level I have. Thank you so much for your quick reply. Not sure how this different number got on it

When Carnival did a update last fall with the Carnival Players Club, many people got issued a second VIFP number by accident.

1 hour ago, BoDidly said:

You don't want to waste your vacation time waiting in some long line .Get it corrected before you board !!!   Don't waste any more time here . Get on the phone with Carnival  ASAP ! 

Lol, it’s not like gold gets you past the lines.  And you have to check in regardless at the port.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 919Florida said:

Out of curiosity, did you book this cruise yourself on Carnival.com, via a Carnival PVP, or via an online or in-person TA?

Just gathering data...

16 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Out of curiosity, did you book this cruise yourself on Carnival.com, via a Carnival PVP, or via an online or in-person TA?

Just gathering data...

It was over phone and I swear on my first confirmation the correct number was there. Because the rate I booked was even for past passengers. So to have a blue number assigned to me and still have the rate I got is what is weird. 

7 minutes ago, 919Florida said:

It was over phone and I swear on my first confirmation the correct number was there. Because the rate I booked was even for past passengers. So to have a blue number assigned to me and still have the rate I got is what is weird. 

Do you happen to have the email from when you first made the booking?  That might tell you what number this was originally booked under.  The person at the other end of the line might have given you the rate but accidentally left out your VIFP info so a new number was assigned automagically.

4 hours ago, 919Florida said:

I'm thinking you should have firmly established that number

when you were booking the cruise, not now!

That's what I do: have old cruise card in hand

so you can read it right off your old card.

That and a copy of the deck plans.

Happened to me last year. I called, they fixed it before the cruise. I was looking at my past cruises recently and noticed my last c4uise wasn’t there. So, I had to contact them again. It’s there now. I’ve been Platinum for 9 years now. I certainly didn’t want to go down to gold.