Extreme zip lining in St.Thomas

BLAMBKY

It's been a couple of years since I did this zipline, but I didn't think it was too extreme.  The only thing that was a little scary is that some of the lines require you to take a big step off the platform and it looks like you'll just fall.  It's not bad because you quickly stop going down...just makes you think twice before you actually step off.  The guides provide a safety briefing before leaving the check in area and they were very safety conscious throughout the trip. 

By the way, how did you find out they were open again?  We were just in St. Thomas in early Dec and was told they were still closed and it wasn't offered as a Carnival excursion.  Several years ago when I contacted the zip line company directly, I was told that I needed to go through the Carnival excursion because of their contract and couldn't DIY myself via a taxi.  Don't know if that's changed though.   

Hope this helps!   

On 1/26/2019 at 10:04 PM, flwinejunkie said:

It's been a couple of years since I did this zipline, but I didn't think it was too extreme.  The only thing that was a little scary is that some of the lines require you to take a big step off the platform and it looks like you'll just fall.  It's not bad because you quickly stop going down...just makes you think twice before you actually step off.  The guides provide a safety briefing before leaving the check in area and they were very safety conscious throughout the trip. 

By the way, how did you find out they were open again?  We were just in St. Thomas in early Dec and was told they were still closed and it wasn't offered as a Carnival excursion.  Several years ago when I contacted the zip line company directly, I was told that I needed to go through the Carnival excursion because of their contract and couldn't DIY myself via a taxi.  Don't know if that's changed though.   

Hope this helps!   

They came up on my TA search & one of the reviews was just a couple weeks old, so back open! 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Why did it close?  Storm damage?   I had been looking at it as a Royal Excursion but it’s gone now and went to their website and I didn’t see the restrictions I had seen before on their website about booking if I was on a ship...maybe we can book direct now?

• 1 month later...

A quick follow-up report to any that might be interested in this excursion. A group of us did the Tree Limin' zipline shore excursion during our visit to St. Thomas on our NCL Jade cruise, March 2019. It was a ton of FUN! Guides are very good with the safety instruction and technique demo to ensure you can have a good memorable and fun experience. Beautiful scenery along the way. Great zip. Highly recommend. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, bdziewit said:

I have a 10 year old who is  a little skeptical.  Does anyone know if they allow her to go with us or strapped to a guide if needed?

I believe there was a weight and height policy in place for this shore excursion. Don't recall what it was, but it states the size requirements at the bottom of the excursion information booking page that you can view on your MYNCL account for your upcoming cruise. I think if your daughter is within the height requirement you are good to go. From our experience with this excursion, the guides will help your daughter all along the way to try to ensure she has a fun and safe experience. Enjoy!