Did the FLL Taxi Driver Rip Me Off?

harryw

I flew into FLL this afternoon. Took a short taxi ride to the Renaissance Cruise Port Hotel.

The driver didn’t turn on the meter and charged me $22. And he said that he only took cash, even though the taxi had a credit card system.

Last Feb. we took a taxi from FLL to ES.  The fare was $15 plus tip.  The driver was a total grump and we felt very unwelcome in the filthy cab we were in.  Windows didn't work, smelled like you know what and cabbie was a crabbie.  We will never use taxi's again from FLL.  Uber or Lyft are the way to go. 

I landed at MIA ls December and some guy with a non-taxi car took my bags and started putting them in his trunk. I asked how much and he said $45 to POM area. I said I'd pay $20 and he said he couldn't. I took my luggage, walked 15 steps down the sidewalk, and found a shuttle service for $15 to my hotel. Know the taxi rates and don't be afraid to say no. There is always another cabbie/uber nearby.  

Edited by Johnamac123
  • Like 2