Changing room/ adding person after final payment

renjrusa

We are booked on the escape for april 28th to Bermuda. I have booked and paid for a large balcony room for my wife and I and  one of my sisters in laws as well as our daughter in laws mother. Now my other sister in law wants to come and since her children haven't come through with paying her cruise I am going to take care of it. I checked into having her come into a room and moving into a family inside room which holds 5.. Doesn't sounds like a good time with one bathroom and 4 women and me. For about the same cost I can get a studio and have a second bathroom. What I want to do is take the studio for me and move my sister in law in my place in the balcony room. Is that possible? Is it ok to book the studio in my sister in laws name and have her stay with her sisters and me sleep in the studio? Is that ok? Is the only time it would matter during muster? I am going to change all my dining reservations and just add her.. Thanks for all your input I know will come.... Have met so many great people on cruise critic and love the feedback...

You can/should ask for an extra room keycard for the sister in law for access to the balcony room. They may or may not give an extra keycard for you to access the studio.

Probably best to do this at guest services desk once onboard. I probably wouldn't advertise the swapped sleeping arrangements.

Thanks, my pcc suggested the same thing, but also advised me that the studio area onboard escape has a door with a keycard just to get into the area and then to the studio room. I am going to try at embarkation and if no help continue on to guest services..

3 hours ago, renjrusa said:

that's what I thought too. but since its past final payment I guess I have to do it at the dock or customer service according to my NCL cruise consulant.

Really?   Are you person #1 on the booking?  If that's the case then you might have issues.  If you are passenger #2 just do a name change and then book the studio. 

Yes the studios have a separate entrance and are key carded to gain entry so its not a case of people being able to go in and out of there on their own.

59 minutes ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Really?   Are you person #1 on the booking?  If that's the case then you might have issues.  If you are passenger #2 just do a name change and then book the studio. 

Yes the studios have a separate entrance and are key carded to gain entry so its not a case of people being able to go in and out of there on their own.

Yes am person#1, why would that matter? Everything is paid for and will actually have the same credit card on file for both rooms..I actually like the fact that the studio is a seperate area..