Complimentary Alchol

Gwendy

Can anyone who has cruised with Azamara tell me if any passengers take advantage of the complimentary alcohol and over indulge.  While not wanting to sound like a wowser, (for non Australians, that’s someone who frowns on drinking) I also do not want to be around people who have over indulged.  I know this happens on other cruise lines with alcohol packages, but was interested to get information from other cruisers. 

Just now, Host Grandma Cruising said:

On 7 cruises I can honestly say I have never seen anyone behaving badly due to drinking too much.  

Thanks for prompt reply.  Just thinking about Azamara as an alternative.  

I have seen all types of alcohol issues on ships, from the fight in the disco to the group who started their day with bloody Mary’s for breakfast, no food and the ones with the all included all inclusive package who had to get their money’s worth.

Sailed 30 cruises, with 7 different lines, so pretty much seen all types of behaviour.

8 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

Although rare, I have seen over indulgence, but not rowdiness.

Yes I have seen it on Azamara although one persons view of over indulgence will differ from others.  It can range from rather loud talking around the pool to more boisterous behaviour but the security staff are always quick to nip anything in the bud.  I know that bar staff also undergo alcohol awareness training and at some times in the year (e.g. over the festive period) there is reinforcement sessions ahead of cruises identified as being potential issues.  As a result, its not really a big issue, just isolated instances.

8 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Thanks for prompt reply.  Just thinking about Azamara as an alternative.  

I have seen all types of alcohol issues on ships, from the fight in the disco to the group who started their day with bloody Mary’s for breakfast, no food and the ones with the all included all inclusive package who had to get their money’s worth.

Sailed 30 cruises, with 7 different lines, so pretty much seen all types of behaviour.

Have sailed seven times with Azamara and have never seen anyone drunk.  I know what you're getting at - definitely none of that 'bogan' behavior!

• 1 month later...