Carnival Glory Western just back, questions?

let's go cruising

52 minutes ago, ChattaCruzer said:

We sail on the 26th. Any chance you have copies of the Fun Times you could share? My sister is curious about the shows each night.

I did not keep them. Sorry! Our group consisted of four couples in their 40s - 50s.  Two couples saw several shows and RAVED about them.  The other two (me!) went to other entertainments because we already loved doing those! 

Just now, cruisingbandmom said:

What kind of food is located on deck 10 above the Lido buffet?  The floor plan that I saw says Ol Fashioned BBQ.

Yes, there is the BBQ place up there.  My friend ate there one day.  She really liked the potato salad.  Honestly, Guy's Burgers are better.  I don't really even like hamburgers and I thought they were delicious.  

1 hour ago, let's go cruising said:

I did not keep them. Sorry! Our group consisted of four couples in their 40s - 50s.  Two couples saw several shows and RAVED about them.  The other two (me!) went to other entertainments because we already loved doing those! 

I guess we'll be surprised then! I don't have to see all the shows, but if there's one that stands out, I like to go. Thanks!

18 hours ago, ChattaCruzer said:

I guess we'll be surprised then! I don't have to see all the shows, but if there's one that stands out, I like to go. Thanks!

I polled my crew.  I had one vote for the Epic Rock Show and one for the Cuban night.  I think those are on Wednesday and Thursday, but not 100% sure. 

I was also on the 1/12 Glory Cruise......

Epic Rock show was excellent and the best of the 3, but the other 2 were also fun. It was the last of the 3 shows.

The Lobby Band was talented (called Rubber Duck I think). Played music across all decades with lots of energy. Also enjoyed solo guitar with Tim Lucas.

One of the stand up comedians was Valerie Storm, and her late show was among the funniest I've seen. The entire room was laughing from beginning to end.

Cruise Director was Dustin Gabriel. I found him to be entertaining, energetic, and involved all over the ship. His voice was pleasing (which is important due to the many announcements).

Dive In Movies included Mamma Mia 2, Oceans 8, The Equalizer, Bohemian Rhapsody, Avengers Infinity War.

Not a fan of Port of Miami - getting in was fine,  but leaving was miserable. Trying to flag down the van/bus to take me to my car rental place was chaos.

Food - I did not eat in the MDR once, but was told that the food offered there each night was pretty much always also in the Lido Buffet. I never found there to be too much craziness at the Lido, but I intentionally never went right when it opened. Other food included BlueIguana Cantina (great breakfast burritos), Comfort Kitchen, Ol' Fashioned BBQ (great mac n cheese), Guys Burger Joint, Seafood Shack, Pizza Pirate, Suzhi at Sea, Carnival Deli.

Various trivia and name that tune contests throughout the week. Get there before it starts as they start on time and you hate to miss question #1.

My Ports were Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize, and Cozumel. I just wandered the port shops at Grand Cayman, went to port shops and free beach at Mahogany, went to Altun Ha in Belize, and Tulum at Cozumel.

I have all my fun times, but apparently my old scanner has taken it's last breath.

• Like 1

I'm on the Glory in three weeks.  

Was the cruise director low key or the center of it all?  (Had both, like both)

If you heard them, how was the rock band?

Our CD was Dustin.  He was wonderful with high energy.  However, he said he was getting off at the end or our cruise for vacation.  I didn't get a chance to ask if he would be back or on a different ship.

I didn't hear the band in the main theater.  My friend's husband went to Epic Rock and loved it.  I would trust that opinion.

2 hours ago, KristiK said:

I was also on the 1/12 Glory Cruise......

Epic Rock show was excellent and the best of the 3, but the other 2 were also fun. It was the last of the 3 shows.

The Lobby Band was talented (called Rubber Duck I think). Played music across all decades with lots of energy. Also enjoyed solo guitar with Tim Lucas.

One of the stand up comedians was Valerie Storm, and her late show was among the funniest I've seen. The entire room was laughing from beginning to end.

Cruise Director was Dustin Gabriel. I found him to be entertaining, energetic, and involved all over the ship. His voice was pleasing (which is important due to the many announcements).

Dive In Movies included Mamma Mia 2, Oceans 8, The Equalizer, Bohemian Rhapsody, Avengers Infinity War.

Not a fan of Port of Miami - getting in was fine,  but leaving was miserable. Trying to flag down the van/bus to take me to my car rental place was chaos.

Food - I did not eat in the MDR once, but was told that the food offered there each night was pretty much always also in the Lido Buffet. I never found there to be too much craziness at the Lido, but I intentionally never went right when it opened. Other food included BlueIguana Cantina (great breakfast burritos), Comfort Kitchen, Ol' Fashioned BBQ (great mac n cheese), Guys Burger Joint, Seafood Shack, Pizza Pirate, Suzhi at Sea, Carnival Deli.

Various trivia and name that tune contests throughout the week. Get there before it starts as they start on time and you hate to miss question #1.

My Ports were Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize, and Cozumel. I just wandered the port shops at Grand Cayman, went to port shops and free beach at Mahogany, went to Altun Ha in Belize, and Tulum at Cozumel.

I have all my fun times, but apparently my old scanner has taken it's last breath.

We loved Rubby Ducky too! We spent our time in the Lobby, that's why we didn't see the shows in the theater.

Valerie was EXCELLENT! We missed the best show because we didn't get there early enough

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, grantbob said:

I'm going on the Glory for the first time next month. Is it in good shape or looking run down?

The main areas of the ship looked good to me, but the hallway by our cabin was pretty beat up.  We were on 8 forward and they stored art work there and brought it in and out several times.  I think that's why that hallway looked so beat up.  I don't know about other floors.

3 hours ago, grantbob said:

I'm going on the Glory for the first time next month. Is it in good shape or looking run down?

Did the Journey cruise on the Glory 2/16-2/28 2019. She is in good shape for a 16 Year old ship.