Superbowl on Niew Amsterdam?

HectorAchilleus

13 minutes ago, TheCruisingAccountant said:

Probably not,  given its a major US network broadcast and HAL has not, in my experience, carried those broadcasts. 

The only football I have seen live on HAL cruises in the past ten years are the ESPN featured NFL games, CFL on ESPN2 and NCAA on ESPN

Disappointing, but thanks for your reply.

Almost guaranteed that the Super Bowl will be broadcast on the ship. I have watched it several times over the years, as well as the AFC/NFC Championship games. The only time I missed a (Championship) game was when my ship was sailing off the southern coast of South America and we couldn't get TV reception. We did get a broadcast via someone's laptop.
In more recent years I have watched weekly games on the 'Special Events' channel (both on the on-demand sets and the older ones).

I expect there will be a big party, with treats, game-day foods, drinks sold, and lots of fun. The game should also be on the cabin TV.

• Like 2

We have been on HAL ships on Superbowl day.

YES -- as long as there isn't a problem getting the signal, the superbowl game will be shown.  There is usually a TV set up in the Queen's Lounge with all kinds of snacks -- even had hot dogs on one ship.  And there were beer specials.

It will also be shown on your cabin TV.

• Like 1

We are on that cruise. I expect there will be a big to do with lots of snacks, plus that is embarcation day too so the signal shouldn't be an issue since we won't be too far out. 

Edited by fatcat04