Civitavecchia pre-cruise hotel recommendations?

helenb

Before I book something based off a an internet photo, I was wondering if the experienced people here on Cruise Critic had any recommendations for a night-before-cruising hotel in Civitavecchia? We'll be dropping off our rental car and want a nice place to sleep that will be close to the port in the morning. We don't need any more amenities than that.

15 hours ago, helenb said:

Before I book something based off a an internet photo, I was wondering if the experienced people here on Cruise Critic had any recommendations for a night-before-cruising hotel in Civitavecchia? We'll be dropping off our rental car and want a nice place to sleep that will be close to the port in the morning. We don't need any more amenities than that.

We gave up on the hotels and are looking into Bed and Breakfasts where there are very few complaints!

Thanks for the link about San Giorgio! I was thinking of booking there! Instead, I booked next door at Hotel de la Ville via Orbitz. See, I knew it would pay to ask on Cruise Critic first! I definitely like the location because we will be dropping off our Hertz rental car right in that area, and we want to be able to walk to the hotel with our suitcases.