Port of Charleston

Beachboy3

I am sailing out of Charleston Sunday for the first time on the Ecstasy. Have sailed before on this class ship before so my question is not about the ship.Would like to know about the port. We are parking at the port and would like to have any information on the embarkation process at the port. Just a little curious as to what to expect. Our arrival time is scheduled for 11:30-12:00. Also we have not sailed on Carnival in a few years and would like to know if there is anything new we should expect. Thanks so much!

Charleston is fairly easy.  You pull into the parking lot and drive through a maze of concrete barriers till you get to the porters. There you drop off your luggage, show your documents, and then pay for your parking in advance.  If you're there early enough they send you to a warehouse where you can park.  You then can walk to the terminal or take shuttle buses.

Then you get through security, check in and walk the gangway up to deck 8, it drops you right at the Atrium lobby on the Ecstasy.

For an 11:30 embarkation I'd plan to be at the parking lot between 10:30-11:00. They don't let anyone in before 10:30.

• 4 weeks later...