Encore TA Itinerary Change!

happy cruzin

I was booked on the 17 November Encore cruise from Miami that has been cancelled.

I booked direct with NCL and the refund notice has just come through, minus £270 (approx. $300) cancellation fee.

Is it normal to be charged a cancellation fee when NCL cancel?

7 minutes ago, Chelsea1 said:

I was booked on the 17 November Encore cruise from Miami that has been cancelled.

I booked direct with NCL and the refund notice has just come through, minus £270 (approx. $300) cancellation fee.

Is it normal to be charged a cancellation fee when NCL cancel?

No, that is an error. It should be a 100% refund. 

17 hours ago, david_sobe said:

LOL don't waste your breath.  I had to laugh out loud at Lrgpizza's surprise that people are actually upset NCL broke their contract during the sailing because (get this) people SHOULD know better. All those passengers are fools to believe anything NCL says?  I have seen some fantastic spin,  rationalizations,  and justifications from cheerleaders over the years on this board but this one takes the prize.  Let them eat cake!

We were on 3 of the cancelled inaugural cruises. And NCL did break their contract with me 3 times (twice in the past 2 weeks). And we believe everything that NCL says, and we are not fools. What they have said is that they decided to run more TA and media non-revenue cruises and events to hype the new ships and drum up business. We applaud smart business decisions that allow NCL to continue to invest in the fleet. Adding new ships. Doing major overhauls on 100% of the fleet. Are we forced to rebook,,, sure. Is it a pain the butt waiting on hold for the special service agent, you bet. But we cruise 4-6 times a year on multiple lines and not a year goes by that "something" doesn't happen that requires us to change travel plans. Two "somethings" in two weeks is a bit much, but we are adapting and going with the flow. 

Edited by BirdTravels

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We were on 3 of the cancelled inaugural cruises. And NCL did break their contract with me 3 times (twice in the past 2 weeks). And we believe everything that NCL says, and we are not fools. What they have said is that they decided to run more TA and media non-revenue cruises and events to hype the new ships and drum up business. We applaud smart business decisions that allow NCL to continue to invest in the fleet. Adding new ships. Doing major overhauls on 100% of the fleet. Are we forced to rebook,,, sure. Is it a pain the butt waiting on hold for the special service agent, you bet. But we cruise 4-6 times a year on multiple lines and not a year goes by that "something" doesn't happen that requires us to change travel plans. Two "somethings" in two weeks is a bit much, but we are adapting and going with the flow. 

Not a year goes by without changing plans because you keep booking with NCL.

30+ cruises on 6 different lines, including 2 inaugurals, and we have only had our plans changed once by the cruise line. 

By NCL.

On 1/24/2019 at 10:56 AM, LaCal said:

Perfect time to have Nationwide Choice or Luxury Cruise Insurance 

You’d get either $750 per person(Choice plan) or $1,250 per person (Luxury plan)  just for this itinerary change 😜😜💰💰

We only use them and have gotten paid 3 out of our last 4 cruises including $1,250 each on our Bliss Panama Canal Cruise for port changes PRE Cruise 😜💰

Not all States are included in the

cruise benefit part but most are....I’ve included a pic of the States that are Excluded 

Nationwide is On Your Side 😃💰💰😜

44598BA6-1EF2-41FF-89FD-445D7F5FFC40.jpeg

How much is the premium?  Cruise lines change ports so often nowadays I have had 3 out of my last 4 cruises changed too I could have made a fortune.  Lol

1 hour ago, ms Eden said:

How much is the premium?  Cruise lines change ports so often nowadays I have had 3 out of my last 4 cruises changed too I could have made a fortune.  Lol

We pay approx $130 Total for the 2 of us for the Choice plan but now go with the Luxury plan anx that was $165 total 

We don’t get Cancel for any reason which would be a little more 

The Insurance is Great and covers $100,000 medical and $500,000 Evac plus the Great Cruise only extra benefits and of course the other little stuff like lost baggage etc 

Nationwide has paid us within 2 weeks each time after filing out the claim paperwork 

Nationwide is On Your Side 😜💰💰🤣

• Thanks 1

I wonder why no stop?  I would love to go to Halifax if the Azores are out. 

The Queen Mary 2 is leaving Southampton the day after us, 11/4. They arrive in New York Sun 11/10 at 6:30am.   We get in the same day but too late to disembark.  

While I wait impatiently for NCL to update us on a new Itinerary and pricing for the Encore TA I’m investigating other options.

I found a very interesting cruise on P&O Ventura that leaves Southhampton on Nov. 3rd. It’s a 12 day cruise that goes to Portugal and the Canary Islands. Some interesting ports and warmer weather…I have lots of time to decided and it looks like it will be less expensive than NCL but still waiting to see what their price adjustment will be. I guess it all boils down to how much more NCL P1$$es me off.

• Like 2