Benefits of booking next cruise on board and can you also book Royal Caribbean?

jled

I am sailing on the Equinox on Feb 2..next weekend...woo hoo!  I am planning on booking Royal Caribbean Allure or Freedom next year for New Years.  Every time I check prices on board a cruise, they are always higher that what I can find online?  What is the advantage of booking it if the price is higher?  Also, can you book Royal on Celebrity???

What is the reason you would transfer the booking over to a Travel Agent?  Does the cost or promotions you get with the cruise change?  I am also considering the Summit for December 29,2019.  The online TA that I usually use includes more perks than booking straight with Celebrity.....I'm not understanding if you would get these perks when you transfer something that you already booked.  

You transfer to a TA to get their perks, whatever they are, as well as the perks and OBC you got for booking on board a ship. If the cruise you are on at the time of booking another was through a travel agent, your new booking will AUTOMATICALLY be assigned to that TA. If you do NOT want to use the same TA, you must advise at the time of booking and sign a waiver form.